X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know of the brand tercel?

for a 1911a1?

Re: anyone know of the brand tercel?

yes got one. LOVE it. I wrote a very brief review with pictures in the pistol section of this site, under '1911 meu/1911 review wanted'. get one. I have fired load of rounds through mine and it just keeps going. full tm clone so even mags are easy to come by
    Last edited by stealthgunner; 10 August, 2011, 03:50.
    sigpic

Comment

Made from pot metal. General advise is to avoid if your going to use it week in week out. For occasional use it'll be fine though

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        Made from pot metal. General advise is to avoid if your going to use it week in week out. For occasional use it'll be fine though
        The metal might not be the best on the planet who knows, have you actually done sort of metallurgical test?!

I have had one for well over a year now and could not be happier, I airsoft every two weeks and have used it at almost every game and it has not failed once, in fact I'd rate it as well as the WE 1911 MEU I had when I first started airsofting as like it, the tercel worked even in the freezing winter we had!

The only let down is the mags out of five I've had two die even replacing the internal oring with something beefier it still leaked around the base, but as pointed out it's a direct TM copy so if the other three ever die easy enough to pick up some cheap second hand or new if it came to it. Again being a TM copy I have both a set of real wood 1911a1 grips and some black/tan kimber style ones all of which fit perfectly.

I would highly recommend one if you can get one on the understanding that you may want to get TM mags for it rather than tercel brand ones.
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

Err, don't think so :D

Mine gets used and abused on a regular basis.

Pot metal ? If so, its holding up very well alongside my 2 WA SVI's then.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthgunner View Post
            yes got one. LOVE it. I wrote a very brief review with pictures in the pistol section of this site, under '1911 meu/1911 review wanted'. get one. I have fired load of rounds through mine and it just keeps going. full tm clone so even mags are easy to come by

... Awkward.
            Signature Removed

Comment

they are indeed made from pot metal and the general consensus is avoid the only way i think people are having great experience with them is that quality control in chinaland has never been great for these companies and you guys must have got a good one i think looking at it now i dont really wanna take a chance =/

Comment

If you're looking for an inexpensive 1911, the bell ones are quite good, TM compatable, and well built

Comment

Just get a 2nd hand TM, job done.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                  You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                  Kid has issues

Comment

It's made of pot metal. I know for a fact. Whether or not you choose to believe me is up to you. WE are also made from pot metal. Just because it's pot metal doesn't mean it's going to break upon first use. It may last years it may last a week. That's what your buying when buying a clone. Also most clones are actually clones of clones. So if you are going to buy a cheap clone at least buy a clone of something decent. I.E Tercel are so stupid they actually put TM trademarks on them.

Why did they do this you may ask?

Well the answer is pretty simple, they don't have the skills to make or modify moulds. So they have an external company make a mould directly from a TM pistol. And don't have it modified to lose the TM trades as that'll cost more money. If these things are available to buy in HK for £35. How much does it cost them to make them i wonder?

Comment

your right hunter ive done some research and will not be purchasing

Comment

It's made of pot metal. I know for a fact. Whether or not you choose to believe me is up to you. WE are also made from pot metal. Just because it's pot metal doesn't mean it's going to break upon first use. It may last years it may last a week. That's what your buying when buying a clone. Also most clones are actually clones of clones. So if you are going to buy a cheap clone at least buy a clone of something decent. I.E Tercel are so stupid they actually put TM trademarks on them.

Why did they do this you may ask?

Well the answer is pretty simple, they don't have the skills to make or modify moulds. So they have an external company make a mould directly from a TM pistol. And don't have it modified to lose the TM trades as that'll cost more money. If these things are available to buy in HK for £35. How much does it cost them to make them i wonder?
                        £3.50
                        sigpic

Comment

suppose, but your Nike trainers are made in Africa for a few pennies

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                          Working...
                          X