diabetes and Airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: diabetes and Airsoft?

Just do what you do in normal lfe fella , As a site medic it would make things a bit quicker if you need help to tell us. But thats up too you a medi alert tag is also a good idea.

Comment

I'm a Type 1 diabetic looking at getting into Airsoft so this thread is great. Any fellow Type 1 diabetics in and around the south (Bournemouth / Ringwood area)?

Comment

The other thing to note is that you may find that the BB welts may take longer to heal, especially if they break the skin, lots of little round scars.

Comment

Type 1 diabetic here since 2000.

It's generally a good idea to run your blood sugars higher than normal for the duration of the day. I usually aim for 10mmol/L (180?mg/dL for those who use the other units in different countries). I try and do a blood test after every match. Keep an eye on what trend your blood sugar is doing, and adjust accordingly. Make sure you get a good breakfast in you before the day.

As others have said bring your own food, stuff with a low GI are good. Keep something on your person though in case you feel low in the field.

Be watchful in very hot and very cold conditions, they will lower your blood sugars more than usual.

I think that's just about it, airsoft I find generally easy to manage, stuff like going to the gym and doing an intense workout are more challenging.

All the best, and do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions

Comment

Surprised to read almost everyone advising a state of hyperglycemia.

Iḿ no doctor, but as a qualified human physiologist with strong interest in diet, I wonder if stable blood glucose management isn better advice:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-b...y-entire-life/
            AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

david_fletch Find out more about david_fletch
            Working...
            X