Lipo advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo advice needed please

Hi all, im currently waiting on my new CTR stock coming and wanted to ask your advice on Lipo batteries.
    My M4 is rear wired already using a crane stock, what size Lipo's are needed to fit into the buffer tube?
    I'm looking more along the lines of a 7.4 but unsure of the physical size needed.
    Thanks in advance, Mark

Re: Lipo advice needed please

7.4v 20C 1200-1400mah lipos fit perfectly in an M4 buffer tube. The 1400s are slightly on the large side. Like this for example: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6007

Because zeroone is the only retailer in the world and you can't get way better deals on superior batteries elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
      Because zeroone is the only retailer in the world and you can't get way better deals on superior batteries elsewhere...
      Ahmen :D

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Cheers for the reply. How long ( with normal use using hicaps) would this last?am I better buying a couple?
        Mark

Comment

I have a pair of 1100mah 7.4v 15c LiPo's and they'll last me all day, but I don't tend to get through many mags to be honest.
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

some people say at 1J it is on average 1.5 shots per mah but it really does depend on so many variables, personally i have found it to be very near 1.5 but thats with a 3000 and something 9.6 Nimh
            With lipos they will last longer if you only use half the charge at a time but i wouldnt personally go below 20% or so of a full charge. If you got a pair and switched them half way through the day i'm sure it would keep you going just fine
            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

a 1300 lasts me the day but i use 3rd burst

Originally posted by Metalbody
              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I have a 2200mAh crane stock split battery that just fits into an extended sliding stock, just open them up like a stick and away you go. However in a couple of weeks I may have something very large and tasty to fit in there...I am just awaiting delivery.

How many people close their sliding stock during play? Me I don't I would quite happily substitute leaving it extended for a bigger battery.

Thoughts anyone?
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                  However in a couple of weeks I may have something very large and tasty to fit in there...I am just awaiting delivery.
                  oh really?
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Agreed Midas!
                    Really?

Comment

So 2 7.4 1200Mah should last me all day and longer use overall if I change them at lunch! Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by rubi-tong View Post
                        So 2 7.4 1200Mah should last me all day and longer use overall if I change them at lunch! Yes?
                        I'd change shortly after lunch. Make sure to buy 20C or more for these sort of capacities.

some people say at 1J it is on average 1.5 shots per mah but it really does depend on so many variables, personally i have found it to be very near 1.5 but thats with a 3000 and something 9.6 Nimh
                        Aye, as above - how long a battery lasts is to do with many things. For example, what motor is installed (different motors draw different currents), the wiring, whether semi automatic is used or fully automatic - I'd guess even down to the shimming (because gears that are harder to turn require more umph to turn them?) so it can never be as general as that.

However, I plan for 1 round per milliamp. So if you're thinking about going through 5K rounds, two of those 7.4v 1100mAh's won't be enough. But I'd plan for both of them lasting 2200rounds in total.

Remember, semi automatic kills batteries quicker than fully automatic.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

With the prices of LiPo batteries, you could buy several smaller capacity batteries for the price of 1 decent sized NimH.

I'm going to be placing another order soon for some more 1100mah 7.4's, just because they work so well with all of my guns. Change them over at lunch and you're well away.
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
                          Working...
                          X