X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing paint off a plastic AEG.

Hi all,

Basically i have a two tone AUG which has been sprayed black,
    The paint job is not the best so i intend to strip all of the black paint off and leave it as a two tone until i get roudn to buying some krylon and having a blast at it myself.
    What would be the best way to remove the paint?

I have trie rubbing disinfectant into the body and leaving it for a while but nothing, this usually works on most paints.
    I have nitro moors but have heard that that will melt through the plastic pretty much?

Any products i should get?

Thanks!
    Anyone else on here play at unreal airsoft?

Re: Removing paint off a plastic AEG.

i use this stuff called 3M citris cleaner.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Scotch-...item3a692c8f17
    gets every thing of of every thing

Comment

There's a spray made by fairy for cleaning ovens. I think it might just be called "Fairy power spray"?

People I've spoken to recommend that.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Lidl nail varnish remover. Less than a quid a bottle and it doesn't damage the plastic in any way.
        sigpic

Comment

What BAMF said. Get some Fairy Power Spray from ASDA or somewhere, give your gun a good spray with it, give it a quick rub in and leave for about 20 minutes or so. Then get a nail brush or a rough sponge and the paint just rubs off. It's that simple.
          I did the same to my M14 stock a few days ago, worked a treat. Just remember not to leave the spray on too long and give it a good wash afterwards.

Comment

As an update, basically i bought some heavy duty oven cleaner, as above i sprayed it on left for 15 mins then came back and went at it with some wire wool. The paint is quite thick/been on a long time but i have about 90% of it off the rest is being stubborn so many take a little longer.
            Anyone else on here play at unreal airsoft?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Archuth Find out more about Archuth
            Working...
            X