X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What warrenty do most stores give?

Just wondering what everyone experience with warrenty from retailers

What is the minimum period that you need to give with a aeg or gbb

From looking about would you say around 28days?

Re: What warrenty do most stores give?

If I have warranty problems I'll always just ask my Dad (he's a retailer so knows), but I know you've got at least a year fully covered during which time you're entitled to a full refund if faulty, though the retailer has the right to try and repair the fault.

Comment

Very simply ask the store you are purchasing from as it varies.
      Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
      Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
      Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Yeah. Just wondering if there is a minimum period for example

Comment

Warranties are not neccesities... Their purpose is to give the consumer more confidence in buying a product, therefore giving the retailer and/or brand a competitive edge. For the top brands, most retailers give a year warranty and no warranty to china clones for example. Having said that, several retailers are starting to give warranties for clone brands as their quality control has increased greatly.
          WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
          After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

1 year would be the bare minimum, that's British law for any new electrical (And possibly all other) purchase.
            Signature Removed

Comment

I wouldn't imagine that an airsoft gun comes under electrical items, although it may be battery powered I would think that it may be exempt due to the nature of the product and that manufacturers may be impossible to chase down for some china clones

Comment

^ Probs
                Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                  1 year would be the bare minimum, that's British law for any new electrical (And possibly all other) purchase.
                  No it's not. There is no legal minimum warranty period.

Comment

^ Oh well, whatever.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

Don't forget, retailers may well offer warrantries on internal parts, but returning an AEG covered in mud with a bent barrel and claiming the gun is faulty, may be pushing it.

How the gun has been treated has a bearing on any warrantry.

I've bought several 'customer returns' from one wholesaler for use as spares and found multiple bodges and damage caused by carelessness, none of which were manufacturing mistake or lack of quality control.

Comment

i've bought off Zero One, as well as other well known UK retailers, and the way I see it is it all depends on the gun you get, high end guns like Classic Army, G&P and Tokyo Marui seem to get longer warranty because of their build quality, whereas A&K, Jing Gong etc get less.

also i've seen all retailers say if the gun has been internally modified in any way the warranty is invalidated, unless the work is done by them, but most retailers give a small warranty on the upgraded parts anyway.

longest warranty i've seen is for 18 months on a brand new G&P M4
                        Originally posted by Fenriz
                        Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

If you buy it online, the distance selling acts says you've got 7 days to tell the seller if it's faulty, I may be wrong but I think that's as long as is gets legally.
                          A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acheekymonkeyuk Find out more about acheekymonkeyuk
                          Working...
                          X