Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorola walk about??

are they any good? someone must have one
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: motorola walk about??

Do you mean the talkabout?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

haha...yes sir..my bad!
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

If you want a pair I'm putting mine up for sale. There great radios, the reason I'm selling is because I've got myself a XTN now
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I have some, they are very good as long as your not planning on using any type of hands free. as soon as i plug a throat microphone or a push to talk microphone the range drops to about 15 meters for some reason with all 4 of the radios

Comment

do not get them because they are really shit

Comment

Originally posted by gorilllllla View Post
              Have you even used them? I've got a pair and never had any trouble with them.

Comment

yep my team have 4 of them, and they are really fuzzy over the radio at the ranges of 10 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post
                  Have you even used them? I've got a pair and never had any trouble with them.
                  do you use headsets for handsfree?
                  if so what ones do you use?
                  because im a mate of liam92 and we have another teammate and we all have problems once headsets are inserted.

Comment

Just a heads up - swearing is not allowed on this forum.

I'm also looking at getting one of these as a potential radio to use during airsofting; is there any reason that they wouldn't work well when using some kind of hands free? Is it possible to fix this at all with some re-wiring, perhaps?

Comment

sorry about the swear word i dont know how to edit it.
                      i too have a throat mic and a push button mic and they both do not work well.
                      there fine when there are no headsets attached.
                      but for obvious reasons we need to keep our comms a secret

Comment

sorry about the swear word i dont know how to edit it.
                        i too have a throat mic and a push button mic and they both do not work well.
                        there fine when there are no headsets attached.
                        but for obvious reasons we need to keep our comms a secret
                        Throats mic's dont work so well with these depending on the person, I have a team of 4 and we all used the motorollas with throat mics, we tried different combos ie my throat mic in al 4 radios etc and for some reason I was the only one my team could not understand. I blame this on the make up of my throat more than the mic's as the rest of the team clearly proved.

My advice would be get the radio but dont get the motorolla throat mic as your throat too may be weird.

Do you snore?
                        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

ok, yes i do snore but surely this would not effect the button press mic, but i still get the same problems

Comment

Just faulty gear? Tried your friends in there?

Comment

Throat mics were created for use in very high noise environments. When I was a pilot, for example, the ground crews and marshallers used throat mics because any other sort of microphone would not be able to pick up a voice over the roar of a pair of 25,000 lb thrust engines each time I taxied by. They are a trade off - a way to hear when all else would not work. We used to call them butt mics, because, well, they sounded like someone was trying to talk with it where the sun does not shine.

As for talkabouts they are good entry level radios. Nothing fancy and should be set for .5 watt on 446 PMR. All of the Chinese headsets, from Cavalvy to Bravo have a model that plugs into the single pin Motorola Talkabout jack.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                              Working...
                              X