Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ramifications of enforcing invisible/dark bb's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramifications of enforcing invisible/dark bb's.

Consider the following,

Imagine the rare circumstances you see someone at your skirmish site use those black/dark green bb's for whatever reason. Anyone that has used them will tell you there is far more uncertainty when shooting than when you use white pellets, for obvious reasons. This I find, ushers those who are using them into behaving differently, for example moving closer to OP-FOR to acquire a more definitive target.

It also removes the realism-killing white stream we see from barrels that we, as airsofters, would never raise a finger to despite killing the whole semblance of realism most of us sought after. Consider that one may use this argument against two-tone guns, and I would not disagree... Yes, it does kill the semblance of realism.

Now let me just propose something that may be a little FAR OUT THERE. Imagine you skirmished at your local and everyone had to use black/dark green pellets. Personally, I envision that such a trivial change would make the most dramatic change because it triggers players to behave differently because of that heightened sense of uncertainty and added realism. This is just my speculation.

What are you thoughts on this?

Re: Ramifications of enforcing invisible/dark bb's.

interesting....but part of my enjoyment is being able to watch the bbs hit the target
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If we had to use invisible/dark bb's i'd just quit the hobby. I have sketchy eye sight at best. I can barely see white bb's hitting their target without some magnification on my optics. So i wouldn't even bother trying if we had to use the ones your suggesting

Comment

Agreed with Sparrow

Also I know that my SA80 will hit at 40/45 meters with enough power for people to know they have been hit, so I'd not be inclined to get any closer or change my game.

I think it could lead to people not knowing they have been hit though, as if I'm not sure I will always give my rig a shake to see if a White BB falls away from me. With dark colours I might not see it.

I tend to always take a hit anyway if I think I'm hit, as it should be, but 9 times out of 10 I'll see the BB and ow for sure.
        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

It'd cause more trouble than it's worth... There's enough bollocks during games with people thinking BBs fly 150m in a dead straight line and screaming "take your hits"...

Comment

Well it would make marshals jobs much harder as they couldn't tell if someone was cheating as easily as it'd be near impossible to see contact

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
            You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
            Kid has issues

Comment

I like the idea, but i have found that using black BB's causes problems.

A few that spring to mind:
              1) Sometimes you cannot guarentee you have hit your target. This leads to frustration, and eventually, 'TAKE YOUR F****** HITS!'
              2) Price - Last time i bought black bb's i had to pay extra for the privilage.
              3) Marshals - Using white BB's can be a good indicator for marshals to witness hits / misses.
              4) Weights - I'm not sure if there is such a large range of weights for black BB's. I could be wrong with this, but ive never seen anything other than .2, .25, and like .40 for sniper rifles.

I do like the idea of black BB's, but i find them hard to use, difficult to spot my shots, and difficult to know if i have missed or hit, leading to frustraion. Obviously that is just my opinion, and i dont have any problems with people using black or white BB's.

This might be a better placed question for mil-simmers opposed to the regular crowd!

Edit: DAMMIT, i got ninja'd on like, all my points!

Comment

People would have to rely on the honesty of other players a bit more and there wouldn't be as much noob rage hit calling. Until the muppets worked out they could use it to their advantage and just say they weren't hit. I think there would be a lot of issues 'cause a surprisingly high amount of people have terribly set up guns with badly adjusted hops and optics or sights that aren't even remotely zeroed.

Comment

IMO the only person who would benifit Black bb's would be the guy who recond he could hit a golf ball size target at 60m 9 times out of 10. Or what ever it was.

It would be a complete dissaster. How many people actually have guns whos sights line up to the target, slightest gnats fart and you miss untill you ajust and fire again.

The only time Black bb's are any good is in the snow!
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Or mil-sim...

Comment

Now I'm not a bad shot with a gun and my guns can chuck some bb's about when I want them to. But I wouldn't want to have to use Black bb's. I wouldn't know if I was hitting someone or not.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

As much as I find dark BBs a PITA to use when zeroing my DMR (and at times when trying to correct for wind drift at distance), I quite like this idea for milsims, or games among trusted friends who can marshal themselves.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think what I've proposed would work better in some environments better than others.

For example, I think it would be a total disaster at Urban Assault because of how polarized the environment is. (For those who don't know, its either far as hell, or CQB as fook!)
                          I think it would result in a lot of frustration in building to building shoot-outs, especially those distant ones that UA regulars are most likely familiar with.

On the flip-side, I imagine at a site such as The Embassy, it would be far more effective. Visual clarification of contact is just as unknown as it is at UA, however because the shoot-outs at Embassy are so darn close it would be very difficult for the recipient of fire to deny he had been hit (this all assuming on the honesty of the player, which is always, always going to be a the biggest flaw in this idea)

I imagine it would be far more bewildering for a player to receive and far more gratifying for the shooter in question. I think this would ring true particularly with gas guns more than anything... Pistols, sub-machine guns and gas shotguns etc

Comment

:D I play in the dark, so i cant see any colour bbs.. unless im being shot at by the guy with the tracer... lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                              IMO the only person who would benifit Black bb's would be the guy who recond he could hit a golf ball size target at 60m 9 times out of 10. Or what ever it was.

It would be a complete dissaster. How many people actually have guns whos sights line up to the target, slightest gnats fart and you miss untill you ajust and fire again.

The only time Black bb's are any good is in the snow!
                              My mate used to use black BBs at Strathmartine Hopsital to great effect as in the dark white BBs are the greatest giveaway to your position, blck BBs and men in black disappear
                              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iNK Find out more about iNK
                              Working...
                              X