Spray jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray jobs

Basicly, getting my first sniper rifle tomorrow but i was brash and got two tone thinking... yeah ill just paint it... silly boy!

So my question is.......HOW?

A guide to spay guns would be great. How to do patterns (multilayer is something i've heard a lot of)

Any help would be fantastic. If you live in the Hampshire area and can do the job and you are willing to be paid to it then you might wanna put your detail down, quit your job and live off every one sending you there guns!

Cheers for any interest guys
    Simon

Re: Spray jobs

strip it down and wet dry it, then plastic primer it

Paint it then clear laquer it then use cutting compound on it

job done

Comment

You don't really need to sand it down. You can just spray primer on to it. Especially if it's the externals

Comment

Ermm, i have no idea what you just said to me but if it was something about my mum your in trouble!

Yeah iam a tool when it comes to this stuff, ask my wife about the time i had to re emulsion our wall!

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2978

quite a useful guide.

Comment

Beat me to it Jedi...

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
              Beat me to it Jedi...
              i'ts those jedi reflexes of mine

Comment

take all the bits you want to paint off the gun or mask really well

then gently sand the bits down with fine wet and dry paper (any DIY place will have it) that will give the paint something to stick to.
                Once thats dine then primer it with plastic primer (if the parts are plastic)

Then spray it all with 2-3 coats of paint then use clear laquer to seal the paint

Then get some cutting compound, this will remove any bits in the paint and help give it a good finish

Comment

Dont do it properly and it will look crap tbh, also the chance of the paint reacting as well

Comment

Cheers for all the help guys, that guide is nice, "i like pretty pictures"
                    Same to you Dwarfy ill keep your tips in mind

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmoore1986 Find out more about simonmoore1986
                    Working...
                    X