X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS or G&G SA80

Hi all,
    which one's better externally, internally and reliability wise ?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Jelliffe99; 14 August, 2011, 23:36.
    sigpic

Re: ICS or G&G SA80

Star!! The original and best

Comment

ICS or Ares.

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.400234,-1.929119

Comment

Ares, thats the best there is
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Ares
          B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Dont know, why would you want such a fugly gun in the first place?
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              Dont know, why would you want such a fugly gun in the first place?
              Really? I think it looks amazing, judging from your sig pic that does explain the weird sense if taste. Joking mate !
              Just had a first game day with one yesterday, It bloody feels great to run about with! The weight and balance makes it feel nice to hold.
              It's the ICS version,couple of pins to the gearbox and 3 setting spring tension is a bonus.
              The range and accuracy was weirdly good (tho not brilliant) considering the fps was poop - dunno if I got a dud spring or sommet but it was firing at 180fps when I checked after the day, managed to get it to 250 on the highest setting and no hop. So just got a new spring ordered to get some fps back.
              . .

Comment

I can't believe people are recommending the Star SA80... How's the plastic gearbox treating you guys?

To the OP: I'd personally recommend the ICS one, i've tried the ICS, Star, G&G and AA SA80s, and the ICS one really was the best in my opinion. The Star and G&G versions look slightly more realistic, but the sheer reliability of the ICS decided it for me.
                Current Arsenal:
                G&P LMT Tactical Rifle
                ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3A1
                TM 1911 MEU(SOC)

scoutthedoggie approved commenter!

Comment

Originally posted by RWJP View Post
                  I can't believe people are recommending the Star SA80... How's the plastic gearbox treating you guys?

To the OP: I'd personally recommend the ICS one, i've tried the ICS, Star, G&G and AA SA80s, and the ICS one really was the best in my opinion. The Star and G&G versions look slightly more realistic, but the sheer reliability of the ICS decided it for me.

No one is recommending the Star L85. They're recommending the Ares one, and for good reason, they're fantastically built and I loved mine to bits before I sold it on.

To the OP: Your best bet would be go for an Ares one if you ask me

Comment

So Ares or ICS are my best bet?
                    Cheers
                    sigpic

Comment

just so you all know, the star L85 gearbox is not plastic. it a polycarb shell which is incredibly strong, much more so than plastic, but obviosly not as strong ans steel. but this is not to say that its not up to the task
                      Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
                      flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

Ive got a G&G LA85A2, and its the best gun Ive bought so far and even better, it was second hand.
                        Build quality is spot on, so far its been ultra reliable, its easy to change the spring and its taken all the abuse I could chuck at it.

I cant comment on any other SA80 makes as Ive not hand hands on experiance, but I have reccently purchased a brand new ARES L1A1 SLR and my honest opinion is that its the biggest pile of w@nk Ive ever set eyes on.
                        The SLR is what started me off with airsoft its the gun I wanted.
                        If it wasnt for the fact that l stripped the poxy thing and then broke it in the attempt to improve it, I wouldve sent it back and demanded a full refund!
                        Its rickety, rattles and creaks when you handle it, the general ' feel' of the thing gives you a flimsy and cheap impression, and I could go on.
                        After skirmishing it the weekend before last, a couple of other people commented after I said about the general crappiness of the thing, " Oh thats just Ares for you".
                        As I said, thats just my impression, but thats of a totaly different style of gun too.
                        Originally Posted by PureSilver
                        "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

Nah, Ares isn't like that at all, and the Star SLR I handled didn't creak or rattle and was a damn good performer.

The G&G won't ever be as reliable as the Star/ Ares, as it features an electric blowback system which fails many times. Furthermore, as you can disable that, the piston used in the G&G/ Army is the SR25/ unique longer 18 tooth model, unless you do the spacer modification and use a standard sector gear. The Star/ Ares is also far more accurate to the real steel model of the L85A2.

OP - the L85 brand debate has been done to death in the Advice and New Players section. There are many threads on the subject which can all be found using the search function of the forum.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                          Working...
                          X