TM AUG vs G&G GR4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM AUG vs G&G GR4

OK so my mate is deciding which to get and i keep telling him tm, the tm one with the rail is cheaper and i said all he needs to do to it to be amazing is just put an m100 spring in it and metal bushing and the rest is fine, but he's convinced that the GR4 will be better. What do you think?

Re: TM AUG vs G&G GR4

get the AUG, its easy to hold due to the bullpup layout and its still a short gun with a huge barrel.
    on the downside if the trigger contacts brake getting new ones is like buying enriched uranium

Comment

You don't even need to put a new spring in the aug just run it stock and it will be awesome.....

Comment

Get the AUG - no contest.

V3 gearbox (solid as a solid thing)
        Short body/longer barrel (500mm or 509mm in an M4 length AEG)
        Get a metal feed nozzle fitted as the stock TM plastic one will eventually die.
        Also, get a Metal HOP unit (PDC for preference if you can find one)
        Fettling the Gearbox is always a good idea - removes any untwaned "oh $hit" moments when you least need/want them.

Comment

great info guys, but my mate needs a little more persuading.

Comment

I wouldn't get either. TMs are only good stock, once you open them up they lose their japanese airsoft fairy dust and fail at life. G&G are just meh. It depends what you want to do, if he ever wants to upgrade I'd say go G&G.

I'd rather get a JG Aug A3 and put a little work into it, you'll get much more for your money that way.

Comment

I agree get a jg aug either military or a3 (look very nice) get a lot of bang for your buck. JG are a really decent reliable make and the externals/internals are impressive. Fit a tightbore and new bucking and you will have a great gun.

Comment

JG augs are pretty hard to come by now though.

Comment

He is buying the gun then let him decide what he wants! why should he buy an AUG when he wants an M4?

Comment

No, hes trying to decide and im trying to sway him towards the aug instead of getting what is basically a magpull m4 with a wierd mag and flashider.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                      No, hes trying to decide and im trying to sway him towards the aug instead of getting what is basically a magpull m4 with a wierd mag and flashider.
                      Let him get what he wants you mentioned in your first post the was "convinced that the GR4 will be better" which basically translates as he prefers it. Just leave him to it, noting worse than having somebody telling you what to spend your money on. Although that said I dislike magpul so if it were me I would just get a normal m4 but thats not the point.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                        The furniture on the GR4 is hadly magpul, rather magpul-esque that has then been melted and mishapen quite a bit......

Comment

Bear in mind, coming from someone who owned an AUG and is looking to buy another...

Mags can be a pain in the arse to source, midcaps are expensive and your choice of batteries are limited. (8.4v mini, 9.6v custom battery which is such a tight fit that you need to hack lumps out of the rubber butt pad thing, or going LiPo).

On the other hand though, my JG AUG cost me £100, I had it for 6 months and put in excess of 100,000 rounds through it (Played every weekend... I was trigger happy...) and I didn't really lose any money on it when I sold it.

When the trigger contacts break, which they will eventually, a new JG gearbox can be had for around £40 delivered from HK. I wish I got a new gearbox instead of selling the gun to be honest... Hence looking for another one!

Not many people have them and they generally perform pretty well. Mine would hit a confirmed 60m body shot with a .28g round, running 340fps, upgrades were a metal hop unit and a new hop rubber. Everything else was standard.

Personally, if it was me, I'd buy an AUG over a Fagpul M4, but that's just me. Though I wouldn't spend the money on a TM when you could probably get 2 used JG AUGs for that money... But again, that's just me... I'm a cheapsofter.
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hi I am the mate of laurences and I would like to comment on how he has put the wrong m4 up hes put the G&G Gr4 while in real life im looking at the G&G GR4 G26. would like to hear on what you guys think about that

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                              I agree get a jg aug either military or a3 (look very nice) get a lot of bang for your buck. JG are a really decent reliable make and the externals/internals are impressive. Fit a tightbore and new bucking and you will have a great gun.
                              The A3 is one of the most solid clone guns you can get, their standard Aug has different stock internals and no mosfet.

Really he should just get what he likes most, starting with looks. Cause if he's not happy with how it looks and feels he won't enjoy using it nearly as much. If it ends badly you can just say "told ya so".

Originally posted by Gibbo View Post
                              Hi I am the mate of laurences and I would like to comment on how he has put the wrong m4 up hes put the G&G Gr4 while in real life im looking at the G&G GR4 G26. would like to hear on what you guys think about that
                              My two cents: Don't waste your money on a tonne of terrible looking, cheap, plastic, knock off magpul accessories and buy a half decent gun. For the amount of money you'll waste on that rubbish you could buy something that shoots twice as well and then add all the plasticky chinese magpul stuff you want later on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X