• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying boots

good idea bad idea?

boots in question, magnum classics

colour of choice, desert/tan

would i be better of buying second hand boots?

Re: spraying boots

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
    would i be better of buying second hand boots?
    If you're going to be spraying them from too much to drink at the weekender, then certainly.

On topic, I wouldn't spray a decent pair of boots for anything.
    sigpic

Comment

stern words. you speak from experience? :D

Comment

Not me mate, I don't drink!
        sigpic

Comment

Are a black pair of boots really THAT detrimental to your loadout?
          Signature Removed

Comment

kinda =/ looks weird with desert type kit and big black boots sticking out from underneath

Comment

Try dyeing instead, you can get stuff that will dye in the washing machine, as for spraying it will on more leather stuff it will just sit on top and look rubbish. Can you not get a cheap pair mag classics for £30 in places not to be mentioned?

Comment

Don't spary them, if you want desert then buy some desert boots. It just won't work if you spary them. simonmoore1986, why would you want to dye a pair of boots in a washing machine?
                Originally posted by Tiercel
                The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

no worries guys looking into buying some now its not worth spraying a pair of decent boots. sometimes i just need a bit of a slap on the cheek to realise my possible folly :D

Comment

I would slap you at the NAE, but I can't go this year because of work
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

no worries ive been E slapped :D

Comment

Just to clarify, the dye using the washing machine to dilute and impregnate the fabric, dose nothing to your washing machine and as long as its not a rubbish washing machine there should be no residue. Its a product, or you can get the ones you just dunk them in a bowl.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                        Working...
                        X