Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Has anyone else ever saw one of these sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else ever saw one of these sights?

Basically I saw a pretty good deal for a holographic sight on a certain auction sight, so I decided to get one to see what they were like. It was very cheap, £10 in fact. The weird thing is that I've never heard of or saw one before?

It's called a Ring Sight, and the weird thing about it is that it doesn't use batteries, it uses ambient light to make the reticle light up, which makes it very good for outdoor playing because it's always bright. It doesn't work in darkness though. And it attaches straight onto a M4/M16 carry handle.

I was just wondering if anyone new any sort of history about it, or why they aren't that well known, because for £10 it's actually a very good sight.

Pics attached
    A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Re: Has anyone else ever saw one of these sights?

Looks a bit like the red dot you get on P90s
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

was about to say the same.
      looks like some one butchered a p90 sight

Comment

Just found the ring sights website and it say's FN commissioned them to design the sight for the P90, so it is probably the same.

It's just that for a real steel optic, £10 is very cheap and why aren't they that well known?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post

It's just that for a real steel optic, £10 is very cheap and why aren't they that well known?
          if it's not on CoD no one wants it :/

Comment

It looks like the same technology that the German army use on their G36 sights. They have a carry handle sight and a "solar powered" red dot. However its not solar powered like your calculator. It just uses the ambient light to illuminate the recticle.
            Kiran Payne
            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Acogs are the same, if they have the fiber optic up top. You can actually convert pretty much any LED sight to work in this way, but it's fiddly. I do really like that sight though, good find man. What's the exact name/defining characteristics of it?

Comment

It's a Ring Sight LC-7-40

It was a bargain at £10, the only other retailer I could find was selling it for £35

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                  if it's not on CoD no one wants it :/
                  I appreciate that is a joke but you wouldn't believe how close to the truth that is...

Comment

the sight you have was designed in the late eighties by honeywell aerospace and defence in wiltshire in conjunction with bae for use by the us army on the m16 rifle.
                    it was designed as a quick action reflex sight, with a white holographic ring for day time use .
                    the origional ones had a tritium insert under a circular nole in the top of the site which illuminated the ring green at night but it only had about a five year lifespan before it could only be used at daytime with the white ring.
                    my old man worked there and brought me one home to go on a ls model m16 i had at the time.
                    havent seen one of these for years and would like to know where it was bought from
                    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post
                      It's a Ring Sight LC-7-40

It was a bargain at £10, the only other retailer I could find was selling it for £35
                      yeah if you get one that works, i purchased one from said retailer at a tenner and was verbally abused over the phone because he had shipped me a broken sight, aparantly all airsofters are thick and they have loads of problems with airsofters and these sights, yeah ok mate, well the inside of the scope was filled with a dodgy white powder and the reticule not showing up aparantly that makes me thick, go figure, needless to say i wont be purchasing from them again
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                        I appreciate that is a joke but you wouldn't believe how close to the truth that is...
                        What if Chris Costa had one?

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                          the sight you have was designed in the late eighties by honeywell aerospace and defence in wiltshire in conjunction with bae for use by the us army on the m16 rifle.
                          it was designed as a quick action reflex sight, with a white holographic ring for day time use .
                          the origional ones had a tritium insert under a circular nole in the top of the site which illuminated the ring green at night but it only had about a five year lifespan before it could only be used at daytime with the white ring.
                          my old man worked there and brought me one home to go on a ls model m16 i had at the time.
                          havent seen one of these for years and would like to know where it was bought from
                          Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

And with your help, I just put a LED into the little hole in the top and the second, night reticle appeared!
                          Modification time! :-D

Comment

no worries mate, found the sight and have one in the post
                            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

But that's actually quite good, if you are even slightly handy with electronics (I've just electrical taped a purple LED to a battery and put it in that little hole in the top) you get an illuminated crosshair. The good thing is the illuminated sight as actually a different one to the rgular one. The normal one is a simple circle, while the LED makes a T shape.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sparticus515 Find out more about Sparticus515
                              Working...
                              X