warrior l96 accuracy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior l96 accuracy issues

I have a warrior l96 an after using my g@&g combat machine i am annoyed at how unaccurate my l96 is i use .25 bbs and most of the shots veer to the left or right. I have cleaned the barrel also

please help

Thanks iain

Re: warrior l96 accuracy issues

bb's are too light.. try some .4's

it is a budget rifle remember, your not going to be able to shoot the dick off a wasp at 90 metres..

a tightbore would do it the world of good mate.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

G&G - Good make
      Warrior - Cheap make

Theres your problem

Im assuming your L96 is totally stock? If so then thats probably the problem, theyre not exactly precision weapons at the best of times. Check your hop unit is aligned correctly and theres no bends or flexing in the barrel. Have you got barrel stabilisers installed? If not get some, that will probably help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
        G&G - Good make
        Warrior - Cheap make

Theres your problem

Im assuming your L96 is totally stock? If so then thats probably the problem, theyre not exactly precision weapons at the best of times. Check your hop unit is aligned correctly and theres no bends or flexing in the barrel. Have you got barrel stabilisers installed? If not get some, that will probably help.
        ok thanks its just annoying how a 120£ is more accurate than a 150£ gun. what upgrades do you reccomend

Comment

Tbb
          new hop maybe
          barrel spacers..
          sigpic

Comment

1) is the barrel clean
            2) has the hop had time to bed in
            3) are you firing it steadily (if that makes any sense)

i've seen loads of people me included blame their guns for poor accuracy when in fact it's the way you shoot it.
            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

'Sigh'
              Warrior may market it as a sniper rifle, but really its just an expensive springer.
              To get that gun truly skirmish worthy, its going to need some work...

Tightbore barrel installing, new hop rubber, maybe a new hop full stop. Barrel spacers, and possibly a different spring.

If your doing it on a budget, strip the gun down, check everything is nice and tight. Check the barrel is alligned properly and the hop is sorted. Sling at least .35 bb in the chamber, and best of luck to you sir.

Comment

First of all what is the FPS???

0.4g bb's in a <400fps rifle are going to go about as far as you can piss.....

Stock and especially stock warrior L96's were rumoured to come with barrels slightly bent (minutely) but enough to cause side winding BB's. Also... a lot I see have been fitted into hop units a good 10 to 20 degrees to the right or left of where the hop rubber pokes through.

It is essential to check everything is lined up before securing the inner barrel into the hop unit and securing down your hop arm.

Your hop rubber may have a tear if it is also old / abused in manufacturing where the hop arm presses in too = bad times.

So, if your fps is <400 you want to clean your cylinder out, try and fit a VSR 150 spring in it too. I managed to get one into a stock warrior l96 with a tight bore and fps went to 480, spring is minutely longer than a stock spring but just made it pack a bit of an extra punch.

Tight bore barrel as people already said... You can go cheap and fit in a mad bull one with some chopping and modding, but if you can.. then get a properly made L96 6.03 tight bore that fits a stock hop unit.

A well looked after stock hop unit with mint condition hop arm can perform excellently if all lined up correctly. With my mates warrior using a VSR 150 spring, Properly made 6.03 tight bore, stock hop unit with a mod of the hop arm to apply more pressure, he was hitting 70 metres targets every shot at the same spot, perfectly straight every time.

Tight airseals, allignment and BB weight are crucial. I wish people would stop offering BB weight advice when you don't know what FPS his gun is at.

350 fps use 0.25's
                350 to 410 fps use 0.28's / 0.3's
                410 to 430 fps use 0.3's / 0.36's
                440fps + ideally use 0.4's

Hope you enjoyed reading that, there is also a dedicated sniper upgrades section for this kind of stuff where your questions have been answered several times.

Pm me if you want some more advice or help sorting this problem

Comment

If i remember correctly, stock warriors were shooting >430fps.

Seems i may not be the only one who thinks that, hence the BB weight :D

Comment

when i got mine the first chrono reading was 532
                    I think it is hit and miss with the warriors.
                    I loved mine and have heard others say the same, but with all chinasoft guns there is no guarantee if there any good or not
                    Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                      If i remember correctly, stock warriors were shooting >430fps.

Seems i may not be the only one who thinks that, hence the BB weight :D
                      Your right, they are "supposed" to be 430, but who says his is brand new?

Could be second hand, could have got a duff one in the post that is new but sub 400fps lol...

Could be anything hence my in depth reply above :/

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                        Your right, they are "supposed" to be 430, but who says his is brand new?

Could be second hand, could have got a duff one in the post that is new but sub 400fps lol...

Could be anything hence my in depth reply above :/
                        its about 4 months old

Comment

I use .4s in anything 400+, alsong is your hop is upto it i dont see the problem.

But yes as above, your guna need to throw about £200+ at it to make it shoot anywhere near good, i bought a warrior l96 once, worst mistake i made, even after i upgraded the nuts out of it, still ended up selling as it didnt perform

Originally posted by Metalbody
                          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Sorry Badas, wasnt being a d*ck, just i had a warrior too! And it was terrible...
                            parts, im with you. Possibly one of the worst guns i ever bought.

Comment

It's ok hoggy21, no one knows how many sniper rifles i have had, upgraded and such :P

You don't really need to splash out on £200 on a sniper rifle in upgrades, modern cheapsoft l96's are coming out the box surprisingly well these days, that much so i had a friend firing one with just a tightbore in, same fps as my tarted up VSR and Gas M700 and i felt like i had just wasted a shed load of money buying the fully upgraded ones

No doubt some of you think i'm bullshitting but saw it with my own eyes, even used the cheap thing myself.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                              Working...
                              X