m14 dmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m14 dmr

Hi please could you tell me if I could make a cyma m14 into a good sniper and would it out range a warrior l96

Re: m14 dmr

Take a look at this, you will find much wisdom here, http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ead=1291&page1

however you probably wont be able to do some of the hop-up mods, so go for a guarder clear bucking, but yes, some key factors:
    -consistency
    -eliminating as many variables as you can
    ie, vibration, movement, just general inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
      Take a look at this, you will find much wisdom here, http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ead=1291&page1
      wow that was a good read. i will be trying a few of the mods on my m14 thanks for posting the link

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I have the CYMA M14 bog standard and my mate has a Laylax'd Marauzen L96. I can't out range him but I can hit a man sized target at the same range but not as consistantly. TBH if you get a good one (50/50 chance lol) then leave it alone they can be a bit temperamental if you start fiddling with them. You'll be amazed at the range you can get from them anyhoo. Also if, by some unbelieveable stroke of luck you get one below 350fps then keep it that way! The range coupled with the ROF on a 9.6V or 11.1V LiPo will make it into a formidable tool!
        sigpic
        Dog Soldiers Airsoft - We hope we give you the shits.

Comment

If i were you, i would go for the SOCOM as you can also use it as an assault rifle if it gets too close. Go on the "m14 varients" thread on "pictures of my guns" and check out some of the socoms there, i had the full length one and unless you want to really commit to being a sniper/"designated marksmen" then id get the socom becuase if you dont like being a sniper, then you can use it as an assault rifle. You could just have it as an AEG with lots of range basically. In which case, you only really need deans, a 7.4v lipo, and a 6.02 barrel

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
            If i were you, i would go for the SOCOM as you can also use it as an assault rifle if it gets too close. Go on the "m14 varients" thread on "pictures of my guns" and check out some of the socoms there, i had the full length one and unless you want to really commit to being a sniper/"designated marksmen" then id get the socom becuase if you dont like being a sniper, then you can use it as an assault rifle. You could just have it as an AEG with lots of range basically. In which case, you only really need deans, a 7.4v lipo, and a 6.02 barrel
            Defeating the object really. If you want a dmr it needs to be semi auto really as its the distinctive difference between the two, otherwise it can't really be a dmr.
            What to do then.
            Tm m14, 370-380 fps spring, high torque motor (don't think its fully needed), 6.03 mm tbb, barrel spacers, correctly shim the gearbox, mosfet, 11.1v lipo and deans. That is the minimum that I would want. Dmr's are not cheap!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly, DMR's are not cheap, so why spend money on expensive parts when he might not like it, so im just saying he should try out the DMR route without spending to much money and committing to it too much, but yes, if he definately want a dmr then those parts are good.

Comment

Here is a TM M14 I turned into a DMR, there is a full parts list as well as shooting results at the end, hope it helps!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27202
                WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Outrange a Warrior L96?

Not that hard to do even with an M4 fitted with a madbull ultimate hop.

Accurate range is another matter alltogether.

My G&G M14 has upgraded piston, cylinder, spring guides, bushings, 130 spring, black python TB and is running on 11.1v lipo through deans connectors. With a variation of less than 5fps (across 10 shots), it's running at an average 423fps.

I can hit the same tree beyond the range at GZW with both my M14 and my 416. The 416 is almost perfectly on 350fps and has a black python TB, ultimate hop and shark rubber.

The difference is that I can hit nearly the same spot each time with the M14, but the 416 needs a few rounds to guarantee a hit on the tree.

The point I'm making (in a very round-about way) is that it's always horses for courses where airsoft weapons are concerned. You'll get plenty of range out of a standard Cyma M14, they've got a pretty good reputation these days. You may need to bang a few more rounds downrange, but you'll still find it a good woodland weapon. You'll not be able to match a decent upgraded spring sniper with an upgraded AEG, as the spring weapon is far more consistent and stable.

What you have to ask yourself is do you want to restrict yourself to a minimum engagement range, plus a far more sit back and take planned shots style of play, while spending quite a lot of money? If you're not sure, try one in standard trim and see how you like it. If you find you're dropping into a more DM role, then go down the DMR route. If not, enjoy the rifle for what it is and don't worry about the labels.
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                  Working...
                  X