X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we m14- which way?

I'm thinking about getting a we m14
    I haven't decided between standard or ebr yet, but anyway
    I play as a designated marksman so I want to know what its range and accuracy is like?
    Should I buy the stock one or one of the ra tech custom ones, will they have a good enough performance upgrade to warrant the price or should I upgrade a standard one?

All help and anything useful is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Re: we m14- which way?

The RA-Tech barrel is a good investment towards accuracy, but their rubber is not. If you are going to play on semi only you won't need part #9 in steel either because you'll most likely take it off.
    Part #53 in steel is a good idea, so is the full steel trigger set (which is stupidly expensive).

I'd say buy a nineball rubber and the RA-Tech barrel and give it a go.

Comment

So would you advise getting an ra tech one and change the bucking then?, the steel would probably feel better than the standard and I don't mind the extra cost

Comment

I have the standard one (actually for sale in the classifieds...) and I have found it to be perfectly adequate for for a DMR role.

The only things that have gone wrong are the o-ring on the nozzle (10p fix) and the plastic nozzle track runners snapped (which I have replaced with machined aluminium ones).

Other than that, solid as a rock. Take a look...

Comment

Originally posted by howzat View Post
          So would you advise getting an ra tech one and change the bucking then?, the steel would probably feel better than the standard and I don't mind the extra cost
          Check the Lvl 1 and lvl 2 (wood) then

Comment

Guess my answer for you is simple. Get yourself an EBR, it's good for adding extra kit on (which you will do, trust me). It's also a lot more practical for current use, get the RaTech model unless you are good with Gbbr's as you will try and upgrade it, mess it up and simply get jacked off with it and put it up for sale. You may initially pay a little more for it but it will have been assembled by someone who knows what they are doing and everything will fit and work together properly. Hope this helps......Muzzy
            The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

My advice:
              Buy a Level 2 RATECH M14 EBR and then replace the hop. The level 2 should have everything you need on it.

I have bought a WE M14 which I am planning on converting to a DMR EBR set up soon.
              Its cost me a lot of money and time already & I havent even got the body kit yet!
              The internal upgrades arent terribly difficult, but you need to be precise.

If I had a time machine I would go back and buy the fully made EBR as Muzzy has said. Its a lot less hassle and everything will work perfectly!
              Kiran Payne
              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

So how do these things perform? I've heard whispers of ludicrous range and accuracy but nothing really solid to back it up.

I'm tempted to take the whatever it is, £1,000 plunge, but not if I'm going to get the same performance from an mp5 or something.
                - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

That's the only thing stopping me, decent performance figures, as you say I don't want to fork out on something useless.

Thanks to all those who have replied and helped

Comment

That's the only thing stopping me, decent performance figures, as you say I don't want to fork out on something useless.

My WE 14 atm, without the EBR kit shoots straight at 60m with 0.3g at 380-400fps depending on weather and gas.

The hop still has a little to be desired for & I need a new bolt cover.
                    Im probably going to get a new bolt catch as it occasionally locks for now reason.

It outranges the GSPEC VSR my club has but its not as accurate atm.

Personally I think its performing very well for a work in progress.

Edit:: Also the blowback is as entertain as anything =D
                    Kiran Payne
                    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Go on YouTube and search for scottiethedog. There's a guy with the RA-tech level 2 M14 in a series of videos, consistent 1 hit kills however the gun is expensive, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Having built, modded, reassembled, repaired etc etc too many Gbbr's to even remember here goes;

It's an Airsoft replica of the RS, it's a Gbbr and as such it's never going to fire the 1/4 mile or be as consistent as an AEG.

Bearing this in mind here are a few pointers to enjoying a Gbbr.

Weather is going to play a big factor on accuracy, range etc. Firstly the barrel, tight bore can be a bit hit and miss with Gbbr's but allows for a more closely managed grouping. You will need to make sure you buy a good quality inner barrel and you can measure it for "true" I.e. Is it straight.. You would be surprised how many inner barrels have inconsistencies in there manufacture which causes bb trajectory issues. When you install the barrel you will need to make sure it's shimmed using rubber o rings throughout the length of the barrel ( externally of course) to prevent movement within the outer barrel, and again you need to check the outer barrel for straightness. I tend to use a laser when both are offered up to the hop, magazine/ feed and ejection port ( for a better word).

Next step, the hop. This is an area where I set the completed Gat in a jig and fire off a 100 bb's in groups of 5, adjusting set up as required. Also adjust range of firing, you will then find a happy medium which is where I the set and finish. Back to the hop, the hop rubber can take some changing to ensure you get a good seal around you bb ( here is another issue covered later) , this is when we set up the magazine and bb feeding and gas type ( again it all works on temperature ). the mag needs to sit at the right height and angle to where the bb feeds and hits the hop. Gas type, I only use abbey gas, but again type dependent what my customers want out of their Gat. I mentioned earlier about bb's, weight and gas play a huge part here and if it's set up for say 2g and then a customer decides to use 4g and change the gas basically it's changed the whole physics of the Gat.

ALso consider, a standard m14 vs EBR you have weight, length and the way in which it is used and held, these all give rise to how it's set up and the end user.

Also sight arrangement, zeroing, wind, temperature, I could write pages but don't want to sound to much like an anorak.

In summary, spend what you can afford, try to use it for what it's been built and set up for, understand it's constraints and work within them and you will have a blast of a time.

Muzzy
                        The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

Originally posted by Karnus View Post
                          Go on YouTube and search for scottiethedog. There's a guy with the RA-tech level 2 M14 in a series of videos, consistent 1 hit kills however the gun is expensive, you get what you pay for.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWyFQbUZQU8

Here ya go ;P all the data you need.

"scoutthedoggie" even
                          Last edited by Karnus; 27 August, 2011, 13:14.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

howzat Find out more about howzat
                          Working...
                          X