Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for reusable flash grenade

Hey,
    I've been thinking while bored at work about a re-usable flash grenade and wanted your thoughts before I consider trying to build one.

Basic plan is something thats the shape of a flashbang, but electrical. Plus side: Rechargeable. Downside, no bang as such, only flash.

Capacitor in the base, with ignition/timing circuitry above, followed by the flash unit. At the top (which is clear), an inverse reflective cone to disperse the light. Charging circuit would be in the charging station, which is seperate from the 'nade itself. The Nade docks onto the charging station to charge.

The light would travel up from the flash, and be reflected by the cone out of the clear top, into the surrounding area. It doesn't have a bang, but the parts are simple so it could be pretty cheap to make, if it was ever manufactured.

So basically:
    FLA = Flash Unit
    CIR= Flash Circuitry
    CAP = Capacitor
    ..|..........|
    ..|.FLA....|
    ..|.........|
    ..|..CIR...|
    ..|..CIR...|
    ..|..CIR...|
    ..|.........|
    ..|..CAP..|
    ..|..CAP..|
    ..|..CAP..|
    _|..CAP..|_
    |.............|
    |________|

So interesting idea? Or have I just gone insane from being bored at work? :p

Re: Idea for reusable flash grenade

Sounds like a good idea for dark CQB / night games . However won't really be seeable during the day. You'll get the problem where people won't see it as a granade.
    Some people really need the boom up their rear to actually take the granade hit.
    Now if you could wire in a loud speaker too such as a panic alarm that could work.
    Be funny if you recorded some saying "booooom!" rather than a bang sound then throw that at someone! Good idea tho!
    . .

Comment

it wont work,

the flash simply wont be bright enough and it would have to be in a very dark room

wer talking over 900 lumens

keep thinking though might come up with something that will change the sport

Comment

Would this be a camera flash unit?

May work, they always blind me.

Comment

It's a good idea, I just don't see it working all that well, a camera flash would be your best bet towards the flash side of things.
          Without a bang people may not notice it, since the flash could just be someone hitting their torch's pressure switch accidentally.
          Electrical things like that probably won't get along too well with being thrown around either, especially anything involving a bulb.

As much as I like the idea, you may as well buy a cheap disposable camera with a timer and slide that across the floor

Comment

Airsoft mechanics, someone already made one and it was BRILLIANT

Camera flash units aren't good enough. He used 20w Cree LEDS running at 3.5 watts.

Very effective

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

LEDs would be perfect, they are fairly difficult to break, I also don't agree that the circuitry would be fragile, it's fairly simple electronics and could be held In place with foam..

Liking the idea

Rather than a bang have you thought about a high pitch noise? They can be VERY loud for the size! Like a rape alarm!
              Signature Removed

Comment

without causing damage to hearing its not really possible to get anything loud enough to quickly disorientate people.. whereas a bright flash in a dark room is enough to stun briefly..
                Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

I would just use an emergency beacon strobe like you use at sea ?
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

try siren? DENSO
                    sigpic

Comment

Currently I am toying with modifying my china-crap Snicker 360 grenade to have a built in tracer unit xD Unrelated, but I just thought I'd throw it out there

Comment

there was a training flash about somewhere used a speaker and strobe bulbs which were 2800 lumens in total but illegal for civvies to buy

Comment

Two camera flashes.
                          Maybe going off one after another, just to give that extra shock.

Have you thought about some sort of gas release? but then i suppose thats just like any other grenade.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                            Two camera flashes.
                            Maybe going off one after another, just to give that extra shock.

Have you thought about some sort of gas release? but then i suppose thats just like any other grenade.
                            Yeah, the whole idea is to try and avoid the need for that.

Just be able to carry a 9V battery or something.

It's flawed, but it's an idea. I might dig out the soldering iron.

Comment

I really like the idea, maybe a 0.5/1 sec strobe with a siren or speaker as mentioned above.

It wouldnt need to be accepted as a grenade as real flashbangs aren't meant to kill, they're distraction devices so you can go in and kill!!!
                              Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
                              Working...
                              X