Gas Ver.2 gearbox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Ver.2 gearbox.

Right, i have been searching for ages on youtube but could not find this video. Basically, it means you can convert any gun to gas, (well any V2 gearbox). Its just a V" shell with valves in it and then you run the gas hoses through the pistol grip. It can use normal hop-ups and so you can just swap out your old gb for this. Obviously it would mean you need an external gas tank but hey. It would be ok say if you had a m16 and the stock was the tank and it was quick detach. So who think it is cool and a good idea, and who thinks its just trying to copy paintball and will ruin airsoft. I personally think the latter. If anyone knows the video then please post.

Gah. Another pointless thread.

They're not a great idea if you want a gas rifle, get a gas rifle from the go. don't change your mind later

Comment

Re: Gas Ver.2 gearbox.

plus the gas gearboxes arent recoil, and have very inconsistent power and leak a lot
      AVOID!
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Look at airsoft 15 years ago...

Comment

Yeah you still have to have a hose coming out of the pistol grip, kind of like a sun project m16
          "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
          Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

how do you know ste? on the video they cronoed it pretty consistently

Comment

*Sigh*

Just get a gbbr, it has recoil and will be better...

Comment

If you guys are on about the new Polar Star engine... anyone knocking it is very badly mistaken. Adjustable RoF and FPS (I think it is technically capable of 40+ rps at 500+ fps or something similar) and a very low fps variance on top of that. As soon as they manage to integrate the tank into the rifle, I am very happy to invest in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                  If you guys are on about the new Polar Star engine... anyone knocking it is very badly mistaken. Adjustable RoF and FPS (I think it is technically capable of 40+ rps at 500+ fps or something similar) and a very low fps variance on top of that. As soon as they manage to integrate the tank into the rifle, I am very happy to invest in one.
                  I know lots of places dont allow CO2, but surely you could fit a CO2 bulb in the pistol grip?
                  Kiran Payne
                  TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                  Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Thankyou Bachelarius , thats the one i was talking about, heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhcOI...eature=related. (not sure if posting that link is against the rules, please remove if it is.)

Comment

The P* boxes use HPA tanks with a regulator. The co2 bulbs just don't have the necessary grunt or consistency for this setup. Ideal scenario for me is a large vest based tank with a qd connector which I can hook up to a full stock or m203 based tank. Problem is, hpa tanks that small don't seem to exist smallest I've seen is about 60mm wide >_< I suppose you can run a line down a sling, but it's just not the same..

Comment

Surely someone could create a cylinder in the stock tube? Like they have on pre charged air rifles. Then the tube could go where the wires go on a rear wired aeg in the stock tube. All out of sight, and just stick something in the stock tube to refill!

Comment

The reason i think that it could be better than a gbbr is becuase you can use normal AEG externals ie, bodies, furniture, rails ect.

Comment

I'm fairly sure aeg front ends fit most gbbr rifles. The only differences lie in the receiver, pistol grip, stock tube, and sling mount

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                              Surely someone could create a cylinder in the stock tube? Like they have on pre charged air rifles. Then the tube could go where the wires go on a rear wired aeg in the stock tube. All out of sight, and just stick something in the stock tube to refill!
                              I said that ages ago...But with tiny tanks you aparently just don't get the capacity.

These have been arround for a while and Polar* are very much cutting edge, not old age...lol.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X