Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is this and how would it be useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this and how would it be useful?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2324

Look, I know it's most likely guna be an obvious answer, and I've been asking a lot of useless questions really, but I see these everywhere and I have no idea what they're for? If anything it would make it more difficult to wind?

Here is one in use:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5868/dsc0121rc.jpg
    Originally posted by cool-breeze87
    I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Re: What is this and how would it be useful?

It makes pulling your mag out of a pouch / the gun easier as theres a handle to hold onto basically, you can just stick a finger through the loop instead of fiddling around for ages because the pouch is too tight and you cant get a grip, their helpfull if you have big gloves on.

Comment

before the trollers get in, they're for low/mid caps where you dont need to wind, simply for accessing magazines from puches easyer. hence, Magpul

EDIT: SLY NINJA BLEEDER! :P
      Last edited by Discoshrew; 23 August, 2011, 12:39. Reason: ninja'd
      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Lots of people use magazines that don't need to be wound at all (midcaps) so the ubiquitous "Magpul" simply aids in extracting the magazine from a pouch. The do have the unfortunate side effect of making the magazine fractionally wider at the top, which is a royal pain in the behind when it comes to using double stack pouches...

Bugger... Multi-Ninja.

Comment

You seriously didn't just ask that did you? Its what it says on the tin, Its a Magpul. MAG-PUL. You put it on the end of the mag. It helps with pulling the mag.
          Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Ahhhh ok cool. I see them everywhere and I just had no idea why they'd be useful. But that's pretty sweet, I'll bear them in mind if I ever get some low or mid caps.
            I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Comment

You said like you're annoyed Ryan, what's up? :P

I thought that was a reference but there are loads of different companies, Magpul could have meant anything. I see your point though

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                You said like you're annoyed Ryan, what's up? :P

I thought that was a reference but there are loads of different companies, Magpul could have meant anything. I see your point though
                I'm not annoyed. Its just i thought it would have been obvious by the shape and name. But like you said, if you consider names of companies and can kind of see your point.
                Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Yeh, like I said it's obvious now that I've been told. I guess none of my gear would benefit from Magpul so I've never thought about it haha

Comment

Have you not seen anyone using them? Or had a look on magpies website? !

Comment

These can be used on hicaps as well, but do make the winding a little more awkward. You can also save money and make them out of gaffa tape and paracord.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I use them on my gas mags, makes refilling somewhat of a pain, but the time I save fiddling about in my rig is definitely worth it. You have all the time in the world to re-gas and magup when you're in the safe zone. Not so much time to draw a new mag if you'r being shot at.
                        Kiran Payne
                        TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                        Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          Have you not seen anyone using them? Or had a look on magpies website? !
                          Don't think you can get magpuls off a MAGPIES website
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Haha god damn auto correct strikes again

Comment

I'm pretty sure Auto-Correct is obsessed with birds... Flocks and Magpies all over the place!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ninja Find out more about Ninja
                              Working...
                              X