Iron or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron or Not?

i only have a scope, so i can identify targets far away. When actually firing i use iron sights.
    sigpic
    Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Need a option for both. red dot on p90 and g36c, iron sight on m4 and mp5
      sigpic

Comment

Irons for me when I play CQB, I tried an ACOG for woodland but mostly use it for target recognition.
        "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I have an AUG A1 so it has the built in scope with the iron sights built onto the top, best of both worlds really. I do prefer to use the scope for longer shots, but if I've ended up close or it is starting to get darker I go for the irons.

The biggest bonus to a scope for me is that my contact lenses aren't quite as good as my glasses and the little extra magnification I can get from a scope tends to help me pick out what colour is one someone's arm so I don't shoot my own team. That being said I don't see much point in anything above around 2-3x magnification for airsoft.

Comment

I've tried using reflex sights and an aimpoint. I liked the reflex but I still feel much faster with irons - plus zeroing is a non-issue with irons.

Getting an ACOG for the woods though. See how that goes!

Comment

I prefer to use the Search function http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=115749
              That being said I use an Eotech, waiting on a nice new Eotech magnifier with FTS mount should arrive in a week or so.

Comment

None because BB's aren't consistently accurate even if you have a perfectly zero'd sight.

Look where your BB's are going and walk them onto target.
                WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

My friends guns (I've been using them for three years) always had scopes on them, either that or i didn't use anything cause I didn't like Iron Sights, but then I bought a gun the other day and the iron sights are brilliant. So I don't know what to think any more, I'm all confused and scared :'(
                  Originally posted by cool-breeze87
                  I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Comment

I used to use Iron sights but I have become so bad now i just point and see which direction the bbs come out and adjust accordingly, maybe if all players did this we would have less issue of hit taking as those genius with the red dots will actually realise there sights are not zero'ed in just because the red dot is on the opposite players chest doe snot meen that where the bbs will hit.
                    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

eotech 556 on my m4 cqb and a aimpoint t1 on my m4a1.
                      it works for me.

Sent from my 2.3.4 Motorola Atrix using tapatalk
                      My youtube channel

Comment

4X acog in woodland, its great, i can see who im shooting at and weather the bb's are getting to them, that way i fire less, but the rounds i do fire are more effective, i can scope out whats ahead of me and can id any threats, see who is where and what they are doing etc, very helpful, its 4X so its not too magnified and perfectly usable, i dont think i can play without one lol, the first game i played with a magnified acog was in dense woodland, it was a life saver, got a F*%K load of kills!!!!!!

Comment

I only use magnified optics, i mainly play woodland though. In cqb, like lets say a kill house (xsite :D) if youve got enough time to aim down sight the guy youre pointing at is dead. In cqb i never use any sort of optics (might change at the mall though) but in saying that i did put a docter on my glock 18. Just for sh*ts and gigs. Also it draws a lot of attention
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i tend to never use either tbh, I tend to play woodland and its just easier to shoot without looking down anything as I know the gun and roughly where the BB's are going

Comment

Both, or either, depending on the situation.

Comment

I'm the same as most people.

Irons in light, eotech in dark.

Woodland I just prefer the irons. It seems more comfortable.

Urban, It's not often i need to aim exactly due to the ranges, but when I do, I use an eotech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gnome1 Airsoft, Rugby and Computer. Entertaining life.... :P Find out more about gnome1
                                Working...
                                X