Problems with gun bought on these forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with gun bought on these forums

I recently bought an HP PPSh AEG from a seller on these forums.

This was advertised as a version 2 gun which was working well and with a high cap mag that was "feeding perfectly". I had specified that I wanted a version 2 as I was aware of the problems with the version 1 HP PPSH.

As soon as I tested the gun I noticed that the mag did not feed or wind properly (also it was marked with two "x"s and and "?".).

I informed the seller of the mag problems and he told me that the mag had been fine when he used it and that these were "personal ID marks" and not a marking to show the mag was faulty. I was skeptical, but bought an extra new low cap mag from ******* ***** as I needed to use the gun at a WW2 event last weekend.

At the event this weekend (first skirmish with the gun) not only did the high cap not feed well, but the gun failed completely due to a faulty selector switch. An airsoft tech guy (ex Gunman Airsoft midlands engineer) informed me that this selector fault is a common problem with ver 1 HP PPShs and that my gun was a ver 1 and NOT a ver 2 as I had been told!.

I have pm'ed the seller here informing him of all this and he is not replying.

Obviously I shall be giving him very negative feedback and reporting the matter to paypal (I do know his real name), but any advice from others on what else I can do would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sandy

Re: Problems with gun bought on these forums

Jesus theres like a million topics about this already, go look at them youll get the same advice as everyone else!

Did you pay via paypal? If so start a paypal claim. If not then youre probably sh!t out of luck!

Comment

Ask for a return and a full rembursement.

I wouldn't report anything yet, but if he refuses to reply to you (as current) or refuses to refund you, then open a paypal dispute.
      Basically try to sort it in a mutual manner. But that doesn't always work.

How long did you have it before realising it's faulty? If you PM'd the seller with your concerns soon after getting the gun then you're in a very good position to get your cash back!
      "Order cursed, you're rembursed"
      sigpic

Comment

You will know if it's a version 2 or not by the colour of the wood work. The Version 1 was very orangey and the Ver 2 was darker. Also did the mid cap drum mag work in it. I've been told, but not tried it myself, theat the mid caps don't work in the ver 1. As I say not tried this but was informed at a gunman game by Mr Gunman himself, so I ain't going to argue that one.

Comment

It is certainly a version 1, as shown by the lighter wood and the faults.

The seller is now not accepting pms from me - they bounce! - says it all really!
          Last edited by Caveira; 31 August, 2011, 21:00. Reason: removing name and shame

Comment

I have received a message advising me that it is not allowed to name and shame on these forums and that I could be "banned" for this thread

Is this true?

And is it possible to edit my post to delete the names of the guilty person? I cannot find a way to edit my old posts

Comment

you have a small window of time to edit your post, not much though...

I'm glad you named and shamed, thank, you, i'll avoid in future!

Comment

Totally agree - if he;s a straight and upstanding member of the forum why is he bouncing messages, ignoring/not replying.

Certainly sounds like he should be avoided like the plague!

M
                'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

thats out of order! jesus!

Why do people do stuff like this?

Comment

Originally posted by sandyinlondon View Post
                    I have received a message advising me that it is not allowed to name and shame on these forums and that I could be "banned" for this thread

Is this true?

And is it possible to edit my post to delete the names of the guilty person? I cannot find a way to edit my old posts
                    I'd assume that if it was true, the message would have come from an admin, and they'd have edited your post by now...

Comment

The mod's don't want people named and shamed unless they are confirmed 100% to be a bad trader/scammer.

So you won't get banned for it. If you paid for goods with paypal file a dispute. And escalate it to a claim. Be sure to say that he has sold you faulty and mislabeled goods. If he doesn't comply with the claim and paypal find the case in his favour you'll need to go through a "small court claim" https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Be sure to add the £25 service fee to the amount he owes you.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys

The message that I might be banned from the forums if I did not remove his real name was not from a mod, but from another forum member. But I cannot find a way to edit my old posts, the edit function only seems to work on my latest post.

I have filed a claim on Paypal for the cost of the gun - did not add extra for service...

Now wait and see what happens. What fun.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyinlondon View Post
                          Thanks for the advice guys

The message that I might be banned from the forums if I did not remove his real name was not from a mod, but from another forum member. But I cannot find a way to edit my old posts, the edit function only seems to work on my latest post.
                          As I said: If it's a problem, a mod will edit it and then warn you.

Comment

Hi everbody

I thought I would update people on what was happening about my bad experience with a bad seller buying a HP PPSH ver 2 that was a version 1 and did not work.

I opened a dispute/claim on Paypal describing what has happened.

The seller has now posted on the claim pages refusing to make any refund and saying that I must have broken the gun between receiving it and contacting him about the problems as there was a delay between me receiving it and complaining in which I must have skirmished with it. Well the delay is true, but that is because being a busy working person and having bought the gun, which looked OK, I had no time to test it till the weekend. First test it failed and I contacted him. He suggestes to paypal that I skirmished with it and broke it. First skirmish was the ww2 one I bought it for specially, on 21st August where I was told (by experts) that it was a version 1 and not a version 2 as he had said! That was when he stopped answering my messages...

Not a word about the version 1 /version 2 lies in his Paypal statements - just that I MUST have broken it and that he is an awfully honest chap with 100% feedback! Now what is worrying is that Paypal have done nothing (so far) and I can see no way to reply to his lies on the Paypal claims page...

Well his feedback on this forum is one sale (to me) and that was a bad one.

He is still refusing to reply to any messages from me.

Comment

Follow the paypal claim through and see how it goes. The delay is not an excuse in law and courts will ignore a reasonable delay as long as you have a valid reason.

BTW, I've edited out the name and shame. Regular members should know the rules on this anyway and not tell you it's OK if we haven't removed it. For future reference, if you need something altered after the edit window use the red triangle symbol to report the post and we'll look at it.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sandyinlondon Find out more about sandyinlondon
                              Working...
                              X