Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.2g vs 0.25g in a low wind environment

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this.

I use .23 or .25 in woodland most of the time, but I'm wondering in a urban/tunnels environment where there is little wind, would they still carry a benefit over .2 rounds?

The specific reason for asking is so I can decide whether to buy .2 or .25 tracer rounds, for use in a dark underground site.

Thanks!

Re: 0.2g vs 0.25g in a low wind environment

Well, I guess 0.20s would give a little more range and if there's no wind I don't think they would be any less accurate, but the increase in range would be negligible especially in CQB tunnels so I'd just go with whichever is cheapest.
    A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus515 View Post
      I'd just go with whichever is cheapest.
      My thoughts as well. In woodland I use .25 & .3g for accuracy however in places like the mall, the extra cost doesnt justify the marginal performance in that environment.
      Why spend £15 0.25g bbs for cqb if a £9 tub of 0.2gs (of the same quantity) will do nearly exactly the same job?
      Kiran Payne
      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Because you won't have to change your hop. They won't lose their power the same as .2s
        Personally unless you a FA whore then I wouldn't recommend .2s to anything as other than the cost there is no brnificial value

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

.25s will actually go further than .2s if hop set correctly

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

The above is true. Although it depends on your fps. At roughly 328-350fps .25s go further than 0.2s. The optimum weight at that velocity is roughly 0.27.

Comment

http://mackila.com/airsoft/ATP/07-b-06.htm

enjoy
              My youtube channel

Comment

That chart seems to show the difference being marginal and that at about 150ft (roughly 45m) you get about 5 feet extra with a .25 over a 2.? Sorry but 5 feet does not - for me anyway - justify the extra cost of a heavier bb

Comment

In indoor/CQB/tunnel environments, you're not going to be engaging a target at much more than 25m, surely? Unless you're shooting from building to building, anyway...

For CQB, I'd personally run 0.2g's, purely because of the cost difference and the fact you don't really need a more stable flight path in a no/low wind environment, where the average engagement is around 15 or so metres. (I don't play CQB though, I play woodland and run .25s, .28s and .3s, depending on the gun I'm using...)
                  The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

How many times is this post done, do you like 0.2's use them, do you like 0.25's use them

Comment

Btw, .25 more stable in wind & better range ect.
                      .2 cheaper, worse performance in every way, but cheaper. Tbh ive made do with .2g up till now in woodland, and theyve been fine, the difference isnt a big amount really a matter of 10 feet or so. However, in gas weapons it does help a lot
                      To answer your question, stick to .2's in CQB.
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

.20`s slow down a bit faster and do less damage so if cqb`ing full auto .20`s may save some people a few nasty bumps

but .25`s and .30`s will still be more accurate but cost more
                        sigpic
                        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                          .20`s slow down a bit faster and do less damage so if cqb`ing full auto .20`s may save some people a few nasty bumps

but .25`s and .30`s will still be more accurate but cost more
                          WTF is wrong with you.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                            WTF is wrong with you.
                            wtf is wrong with me ???

I had a scar on my nose for about 8 months from someone shooting a .30 down at me from above a scar a .20 would not have left.

.20`s slow down faster and do less damage as in cqb their the better choice if you don`t need the extra range and accuracy why pay for it ?

Also if you shoot a heavy enough bb down it wont slow down it may even speed up and that would put you over your site energy limit.
                            sigpic
                            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                              In indoor/CQB/tunnel environments, you're not going to be engaging a target at much more than 25m, surely? Unless you're shooting from building to building, anyway...

For CQB, I'd personally run 0.2g's, purely because of the cost difference and the fact you don't really need a more stable flight path in a no/low wind environment, where the average engagement is around 15 or so metres. (I don't play CQB though, I play woodland and run .25s, .28s and .3s, depending on the gun I'm using...)
                              UCAP Bunker is a special place. Underground, tunnels MUCH longer than you can shoot down, so you can have engagements at long range, despite the CQB nature of the site (although it's also got a lot of point blank shooting).

It's also very dark, so tracers look AWESOME! Hence deciding between 0.2 and 0.25 tracer rounds. Despite being underground, the extra range does count on this site.

Also being underground, the temperature is near constant all year round (pretty cool actually), so in theory gas weapons would be pretty consistent (I don't use one myself though, so couldn't confirm)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
                              Working...
                              X