Can't get my flash eliminator off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get my flash eliminator off

i have an Ares SA80 and I want to swap the standard flash hider for a Vortex one, but I just cant get the original one off. I've taken out the grub screw out and tried twisting it by hand, putting various screwdrivers, metal bars, and the army issue multipurpose 6inch nail through the flash hider for more leverage but they've all bent. The flash hiders not budged at all. it looks like it's got thread lock on it. any body got a hints or tips to try and get it off? I've removed the outer barrel from the gun, as I didnt want to damage the threads on the part of the barrel that screws in to the foresite rail.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Can't get my flash eliminator off

Which way are you twisting it?
    Signature Removed

Comment

Hi there,
      Ares have started to glue their flashhiders on as I have an Ares G36c that had the same problem as you. All I did was left the flashhider in some boiling water for a few minutes then used rubber gloves after the glue was melted to twist it off
      That should do the trick
      TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
      TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Major- I've tried it both ways I'm not sure it it's reverse thread or not, but I've been told by Mike. who sold it me, that it should be normal thread.

Archer- the kettles on now :-)

Comment

Excellent, sorry to doubt your competence but you wouldn't believe how often people can't comprehend that things might be ccw threaded.

Make a brew whilst you're there, that way, if it doesn't work you am have a calming tea
          Signature Removed

Comment

haha don't think tea will go well with the calming beer I'm currently enjoyinh

Comment

Try a small gas soldering iron flame, that usally works on thread lock. Has the vortex you have been modified to fit, as the RS one will not fit airsoft rifles different thread.

Comment

oh right, what will i need to do to modify it?

Comment

Heat it will loosen any thread lock

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spoon987 Find out more about spoon987
                  Working...
                  X