Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offering advice to members over issues with deliverys

Hi guys

Just wanted to say that if anyone needs any advice over issues with royal mail, PF etc then drop me a pm as I work for a courier and can give you some "inside info on how things work" and hopefully help you out and what to do if things go missing

thanks

Re: offering advice to members over issues with deliverys

Sounds like a good idea for a pinned thread

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

sounds good to me, If its with a certain courier then I can look into it myself if given the consignment number. They tend to fob you off, I can give you advice on what to ask/say/do

Comment

Basic info you should ask for

1)What depot was it last scanned into?
        2)Who scanned it last?
        3)What driver delivers to that route?
        4)Was it the normal driver or an agency?
        5)Does he know the route? Is he new?
        6)Have you spoken to him regards to the parcel?
        7)Does he remember delivering it else where?
        8)did a neighbour sign for it?
        9)Has the driver been back to confirm it was delivered there? If not Why not?
        10)Ask to speak to the depot manager and explain the situation and what is being done to fix the problem if you feel you are being fobbed off.

Extra info

1)Was it damaged?
        2)Is it in the Hold bay?
        3)Has it been Misrouted to another depot?

Comment

OMG you are a legend.

Parcel Force have screwed me around over the phone so much it is unreal. This makes me want to order something via them now just so I can badger them over the phone, using those questions!

Sticky this thread!
          "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Dwarfy what courier company do you work for?, I work for DHL myself, its good advice you have put there.

Comment

rather not say mate tbh

any questions then drop me a pm and ill see what i can do

Comment

some basic info for people who arnt sure about the courier industry:

when a parcel arrives at our depot it is put through an automatic scanning machine, this means in theory that every parcel is scanned and weighed and the info put onto the IT system. Once its done this it goes onto the roller bed and is then taken off the bed by who ever is doing that route and scanned to say its been taken off the bed and placed on the drivers door ready for the morning.

Once the driver comes in he gets his paper work, scans the parcels and loads his van.

What you have up untill now is a scan of it coming into the depot with the weight, its coming off the bed with the guys name and then placed on the door and a driver scan.

Sometimes the barcodes are messed up but they can get a new label from the office so there is no reason for no scan to be had at all.

Hope this helps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dwarfy Find out more about Dwarfy
                Working...
                X