Bad trade numbers on the up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad trade numbers on the up?

for any items of reasonable value i make sure to get the buyer's/seller's name, address, email address and mobile + home phone numbers. I then contact them (after asking permission) on the phone to 1) check its a legit number and 2) it is much easier to discuss details about the item ie. condition, how long they have had it for, details about how they will post the item
    1 thing i have found is that pictures don't often, in my opinion, represent the true condition of the item. It's far to easy to take 1 or 2 non close up slightly shakey photos and the item can look almost unmarked!
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

i agree with ben, tho something that has happend recently is getting offered something and then after saying yeah not hearing from the person.... its strange, i would've thought they would wanna sell quick lol
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

also ive had a buyer who hasnt left me feedback for my first sale so that dosen't help me at all i think all buyers and sellers should HAVE to give feedback when a sale is completed, unfortunatley this whole scamming thing is really putting me off using zeroin and after using it for a few months i can already tell myself who is under 18 by the "kiddy speak" ie, miss spelling abbreviations just general errors and im not having a go at slightly illitirate people at all you can just tell with some people. when trading i like to give people my email adress as a way to quickly contact me i would give a phonenumber but i do have a stutter (speech issue...yeah "that king's speach thingy" :P) so really everyone should keep good contact during a sale and after a sale for a smooth transaction and any problems/praises after the items are recieved dont just send them then forget about the buyer pm them ask them how they are with the goods

Comment

Wow, what a response!

Keen to see more of the moderating team's views on this.

Comment

It's the NAE, most of the mod team will be there, enjoying themselves, lucky sods
            I'd imagine those left behind have been left the case marked 'incase of trolling break glass' to unleash the mighty banhammer until a full crew assemble :p

Comment

Originally posted by marve114 View Post
              Just thinking out loud here guys
              but cant the mods on here some how put a link straight to your facebook page on you profile, All genuine people i think would not have a problem with that !
              I for one, would have a massive issue with that.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Just a heads up Andre. You aren't legally able to obtain information even if given 'certain details' mate.

This is a breach of the data protection act, which may constitute a criminal offence in itself. Even in my profession, reasonable grounds have to be established before access to PNC is granted to establish and confirm a person's I.D.
                BAMF I am not talking about access and I am not going to elaborate any further, I am well versed in the law and DPA but I clearly know my position in life and the powers I have, what I am saying is I am in a fortunate position, others aren't, as for a pnc check, these are documents that are accessible through police, courts, probation service etc, this can also be obtained from the proverbial man in the pub too I have no affiliation with any of these groups. And will not expand further on the matter. The point I am making is I have the ability that if I am a victim of these scams I am also able to rectify the matter quickly, and it's unfortunate that other innocent victims aren't, which is why I'm not here saying give me his details I'll sort it out, I'm here sympathising with ppl and offering ways for the forum to get tighter boundaries in place..

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                  I for one, would have a massive issue with that.
                  You're not alone there.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                  Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                    also ive had a buyer who hasnt left me feedback for my first sale so that dosen't help me at all i think all buyers and sellers should HAVE to give feedback when a sale is completed, unfortunatley this whole scamming thing is really putting me off using zeroin and after using it for a few months i can already tell myself who is under 18 by the "kiddy speak" ie, miss spelling abbreviations just general errors and im not having a go at slightly illitirate people at all you can just tell with some people. when trading i like to give people my email adress as a way to quickly contact me i would give a phonenumber but i do have a stutter (speech issue...yeah "that king's speach thingy" :P) so really everyone should keep good contact during a sale and after a sale for a smooth transaction and any problems/praises after the items are recieved dont just send them then forget about the buyer pm them ask them how they are with the goods
                    not being funny bud, but when i PM people i usually miss spell abbrev ect through just speeding up messages and im 27, so to say u know who is under 18 just by the "kiddy speak" as u put it is absolute bull. however i do understand u feel abit worried about using the forums on here but most people are fine, its just a few are abit....untrustworthy. one's been named and shamed, i think we should have a sticky at the top of the forum naming and shaming people.

Comment

I use the street lingo all the time. I shorten words when I am in a rush, I agree with god84 that this does not meen I am a kid. Just depends on where you grow up/friends etc. I am 33
                      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

When I people ask me where to sell their guns or buy second hand guns and gear, I say here, as long as you are prepared to use common sense and cover your own back.

Its a wild west on this forum, very few rules seem to apply and people are getting ripped off left right and centre. Least thats my impression, can't back that up with facts.

I am very very cautious who I deal with.

Several people have told me they sell on here because they get FAR more for the guns than anywhere else. I did not enquire as to what they meant by that. Though I can probably guess considering the best time to sell is apparently the school holidays...
                        Last edited by The General; 29 August, 2011, 02:26.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                          not being funny bud, but when i PM people i usually miss spell abbrev ect through just speeding up messages and im 27, so to say u know who is under 18 just by the "kiddy speak" as u put it is absolute bull. however i do understand u feel abit worried about using the forums on here but most people are fine, its just a few are abit....untrustworthy. one's been named and shamed, i think we should have a sticky at the top of the forum naming and shaming people.
                          sorry mate didnt mean to cause offence i just feel i get suspicious when people are saying they will swap me a double eagle m83 that is "gunna pwn all other gunz" sorry if i caused any offence i obviously didnt explain it enough

Comment

There seems to be an increasing number of people not posting Photos of what they are selling.
                            If they post a "Google it" I steer well clear, if they can't be bothered to post a Photo that costs them nothing I can't be @rsed with them.

Comment

ok smitty,

yeah tht "google it" is really gash, just post up some pics even if its just one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                                There seems to be an increasing number of people not posting Photos of what they are selling.
                                If they post a "Google it" I steer well clear, if they can't be bothered to post a Photo that costs them nothing I can't be @rsed with them.
                                To be fair it depends on the item in question, Im guilty of it myself sometimes, I mean do you REALLY want a picture of an M4 mag?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

palmer234 Find out more about palmer234
                                Working...
                                X