Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My experience of going through UK custom with a RIF

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    To the OP. The conversation at customs you're talking about was customs in the UK right? Not the customs in HK?

It would of been in the UK if you read it carefully

Comment

I did read it carefully, I was just clarifying. He said:

Recently got back from Hong Kong... both of which I bought from the UK with receipts... I got there at just over 6 o'clock in the morning and went through the red zone as planned
      There - a demonstrative determiner, and in this case endophoric, may refer to either the UK or HK. As I said, I was just clarifying.

Good information nonetheless. I'm often tempted to bring a few toys back - I think I'll not bother.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Why would uk custom's know about ukara or need to check the ukara database,it's only a scheme run by uk retailer's in order that they can show compliance with home office guideline's and it's your site membership number not a ukara number that is recorded on the ukara database.
        I have spoke to many custom's officer's and they are generally confused over the hole airsoft thing as the home office states one set of guideline's and airsoft player's keep banging on about how they have a ukara or a ukara licence when their is no such thing and keep confusing custom's on how the ukara scheme is supposed to work and who it is meant to protect.It is their to protect the uk retailer if you need to prove to custom's that you have a defence then you need to prove you are a skirmisher at a site that meet's home office guideline's easiest way to do this is to be a member of that site with an issued membership number,but it's not the only way.
        After you have bought what ever airsoft good's you want from abroad their should be no issues about if you are entitled to own them or bring them into the uk as long as you can prove they are airsoft item's and you can prove you have defence granted to airsoft skirmisher's ,if you should have any issues with custom's at an airport ask to speak to the fire arm's officeer's that will be on duty that will clear thing's up.

Comment

Originally posted by MUCKYMICK View Post
          Why would uk custom's know about ukara or need to check the ukara database,it's only a scheme run by uk retailer's in order that they can show compliance with home office guideline's and it's your site membership number not a ukara number that is recorded on the ukara database.
          I have spoke to many custom's officer's and they are generally confused over the hole airsoft thing as the home office states one set of guideline's and airsoft player's keep banging on about how they have a ukara or a ukara licence when their is no such thing and keep confusing custom's on how the ukara scheme is supposed to work and who it is meant to protect.It is their to protect the uk retailer if you need to prove to custom's that you have a defence then you need to prove you are a skirmisher at a site that meet's home office guideline's easiest way to do this is to be a member of that site with an issued membership number,but it's not the only way.
          After you have bought what ever airsoft good's you want from abroad their should be no issues about if you are entitled to own them or bring them into the uk as long as you can prove they are airsoft item's and you can prove you have defence granted to airsoft skirmisher's ,if you should have any issues with custom's at an airport ask to speak to the fire arm's officeer's that will be on duty that will clear thing's up.
          20 apostrophes, and only 3 used correctly (underscored). Just think how many key presses getting it right could have saved.
          Please leave the "Grocers' Apostrophe" at the market. Thanks...

Comment

I have a couple of members on my team who airsoft and transport their kit between HK & UK. They havent got UKARA (as they buy all their kit in HK and transport it over).
            As far as im aware, one of them has been stopped & pretended his english was bad so he could buy some time for the HK authorities to clarify his predicament. Hes been asked to prove he is a student more times than he has been asked about his airsoft kit.

He hasnt needed UKARA to get kit in and out of the country though. As BEN said. Ukara isnt actually a law. its just an association linked to the law.
            Kiran Payne
            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
              I have a couple of members on my team who airsoft and transport their kit between HK & UK. They havent got UKARA (as they buy all their kit in HK and transport it over).
              As far as im aware, one of them has been stopped & pretended his english was bad so he could buy some time for the HK authorities to clarify his predicament. Hes been asked to prove he is a student more times than he has been asked about his airsoft kit.

He hasnt needed UKARA to get kit in and out of the country though. As BEN said. Ukara isnt actually a law. its just an association linked to the law.
              Have you got a TR21 by any chance judging from your signature?

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
                Have you got a TR21 by any chance judging from your signature?
                Or TR22 for that matter*

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill View Post
                  What skirmish evidence did you supply General?
                  I gave dates and sites attended as well as provided contact details for them to check.

I gave about 18 months worth of skirmishing info and checked with the site owners before hand that they were ok with my giving out info and confirming that they have PLI.

When I emailed the info I got a couple of calls from site owners confirming they had been contacted about an hour later.

Yes, they do check things out properly.

It all went smoothly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blobface Find out more about blobface
                  Working...
                  X