paypal account on hold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal account on hold!

Paypal have decided to freeze my account, just had cash paid in too, now i cant get to it. Im suspecting it being due to all the items ive bought and sold recently...mainly due to airsoft lol. question is has anyone else had this and what do you do to lift it. Im verified and all but dont see how i can unfreeze my account to use thos money?
    sigpic

Re: paypal account on hold!

Yeah this happened to me bf4 i just called them up , they asked me some questions and within a few days it was sorted
    sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

Happened to me a few weeks ago- I don't think it's anything drastic and definitely sounds worse than it is. I think mine was frozen because three transactions I made in a week required me to be refunded, which must've set alarm bells ringing PayPal's end.

Probably just a precaution. If you're worried, email or ring them and ask the to explain. As you say though, likely to be the increased activity in your account mate.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

ring them up joe,cos you wont get any sense from them via email,they sort it out quickly over the phone,which isnt surprising the money they make from the calls!!
        old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Ok guys thanks. thing is that payment made into my account could of meant the difference between me paying my rent and not... thankfully that isnt the case but some bugger could loose his living accomodation over something like this.
          sigpic

Comment

happened to me a few time twice it was held for 6 months phoned up to the indian call centre's no help at all they said nothign we can do just held all the funds for 6 month has happened a few times mainly with selling on ebay, apparently if you sell to much its suspicious or something ...silly people

Comment

Just got of the phone to them. It was because of an ebay sale... i must contact them with the tracking number when i send the item and only when the buyer gets it will my funds be released. I told them to shove it up their arse and put the phone down... got a bit angry as im no scammer... will this also happen with private transactions like on here with other users as i cant go throuh that everytime!
              sigpic

Comment

I had this happen to me, sent them a strongly worded email and it got sorted near enough instantly. I think it all depends on why they have done it in the first place, so asking them why it has would be your first priority!

Edit: Bloody hell you beat me too it. Sounds like it is a safety net for the buyer if they want a refund. I know they have a 10 day (maybe 7) window to claim a refund without you being able to say no or something like that anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
                  I had this happen to me, sent them a strongly worded email and it got sorted near enough instantly. I think it all depends on why they have done it in the first place, so asking them why it has would be your first priority!

Edit: Bloody hell you beat me too it. Sounds like it is a safety net for the buyer if they want a refund. I know they have a 10 day (maybe 7) window to claim a refund without you being able to say no or something like that anyway lol
                  Its exactly that but why the hell have they decided to do that stuff on me lol. will it affect my transactions on here
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                    Its exactly that but why the hell have they decided to do that stuff on me lol. will it affect my transactions on here
                    I think it is only an ebay thing because it's their policy that allows for buyers to return items, it shouldn't effect you selling things on here, or buying for that matter. What you could do to see how it effects the use of your PayPal account is to have a friend send you a couple of pence via paypal and you send it back to ensure that you can still send and recieve funds.

I don't think it will stop you doing anything but withdrawing that money for tha one transaction though, or at least I hope it doesn't for you!

Comment

I hope so too. i dont care about ebay really.
                      sigpic

Comment

I may be wrong but ebay own paypal or vice versa, hence the tighter guidlines.
                        Originally posted by Bluegill
                        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Anyone else getting bored of logging on to an Airsoft forum to find countless posts about Posting and Paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by JBall View Post
                            Anyone else getting bored of logging on to an Airsoft forum to find countless posts about Posting and Paypal?
                            generic muppet ones yes, specific issues like this one, no
                            Originally posted by Bluegill
                            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

All the info needed will be on paypal's site, His account will be on hold because he has been selling alot so they will be investigating if he is a business and needs to pay higher rates, but most the time they wount tell you this

Probely had an email saying all this when the put it was on hold!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
                              Working...
                              X