Newbie advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie advice needed

Hi guys, First off excellent forum. I wanna get into Airsoft but I don't know where to start. I been watching load of Airsoft war videos on Youtube, It looks so much fun. I been reading few differnt websites about Airsoft, I keep getting told differnt things. I'm just wondering if you lot would be kind enough to answer my questions . I'm 28. I live in UK, Kent.

1.Can I just buy Airsoft gun? Or do I have to be memember? If I have to be memember where can I apply?

2.Wheres the cheapest place online to buy Airsoft guns?

3.I've seen coloured guns 2 tone for cheap but they don't look realistic are they Airsoft guns?

4.I know the first gun I wanna get the Ares UMP. What do you guys think of that gun?

Many thanks for any advice giving and I look forward to chating to everyone .

Many thanks
    Matt

Re: Newbie advice needed

1. if your over 18 but not a regular skirmisher you can buy a two tone gun find a skirmish site local to you and start by hiring guns there if you want to become ukara registered airbana is a list of airsoft sites around the uk
    2. there is only zero one but seriously use google and shop around
    3 it depends on the brand some two tone guns can be pretty good others are just s***
    4 good luck finding a new one if your lucky someone might be selling one on the forums but most second hand sellers wont two tone your best bet is a g&g umg

Comment

hi mate

1)you cant buy an airsoft gun BUT unless you have an UKARA membership (play 3 times in over 2 months) then it will be painted. This is to stop the sale of Real imitation firearms (RIF's)
      You can however go to a site and rent guns that arnt painted. Me personally I would rent 3 times get your membership at that site and then you can guy guns

2)Their are various places mate, some people import guns once they have their membership, just have a quick google

3)yes, I would not recommend spending anything less than £130 on a gun. anything less will be pants.

4)Never used one so im not sure on this tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
        hi mate

1)you cant buy an airsoft gun BUT unless you have an UKARA membership (play 3 times in over 2 months) then it will be painted. This is to stop the sale of Real imitation firearms (RIF's)
        You can however go to a site and rent guns that arnt painted. Me personally I would rent 3 times get your membership at that site and then you can guy guns

2)Their are various places mate, some people import guns once they have their membership, just have a quick google

3)yes, I would not recommend spending anything less than £130 on a gun. anything less will be pants.

4)Never used one so im not sure on this tbh
        I see I understand now. I seen there place in London **** ********* that do Airsoft battles. Anyone know any places in Kent? I don't like the look of the 2 tone guns. I rather buy Airsoft one reason being mostly I wanna collect them. I see the pictures of the guns and they look so nice. That's what I will do play 3 games get membership.

Thanks for all the replys guys Legends

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
          You don't need to be a UKARA member in order to buy a RIF, you simply need to be able to demonstrate to the seller that you are a regular skirmisher. UKARA is one way to do this but it's not the only way.

Comment

You also need to keep playing to keep up your membership, it will lapse after 12 months if you don't
            Also this forum is ran by ZeroOne airsoft, on here it is impolite to mention other retailers and also against the forum rules, as mentioned google will point the way

G&G UMG urinates over the Ares UMP

Comment

true they do run it but its nothing that someone could not run from a spare PC in their loft lol :p

Comment

as mentioned above you need to keep playing if you want to maintain your membership but ukara isn't the only way you can be a member of a site and as long as your a regular player there then that will suffice.if you want to find other retailers use google mate zeroone are pretty strict regarding this. also for your airsoft gun youdon't want anything to expensive so if you don't mind a plastic body go for a g&g combat machine or similar if you want a metal body then try the new classic army sportline

Comment

In regards to kit and camo gear I got all of mine 2nd hand from a army surplus store, got some trousers and a jacket for £30

at the end of the day its people like you that keep the sport going...new blood

Comment

If you want to play airsoft near you there is a newish site in kent called Apocalypse249 great site

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Comment

Most things have been covered above.

As for sites - send your browser to Airbana.co.uk - to find a site near you. I'm also in Kent, it's pretty damn big with lots of sites dotted around.

So yeah, have a look at that site and welcome to airsoft!

Comment

For urban cqb in kent check out elite battlezone @ northfleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglist101 View Post
                          Hi guys, First off excellent forum. I wanna get into Airsoft but I don't know where to start. I been watching load of Airsoft war videos on Youtube, It looks so much fun. I been reading few differnt websites about Airsoft, I keep getting told differnt things. I'm just wondering if you lot would be kind enough to answer my questions . I'm 28. I live in UK, Kent.

1.Can I just buy Airsoft gun? Or do I have to be memember? If I have to be memember where can I apply?

2.Wheres the cheapest place online to buy Airsoft guns?

3.I've seen coloured guns 2 tone for cheap but they don't look realistic are they Airsoft guns?

4.I know the first gun I wanna get the Ares UMP. What do you guys think of that gun?

Many thanks for any advice giving and I look forward to chating to everyone .

Many thanks
                          Matt
                          1) if you're over 18 you can get an airsoft rifle but it will be 2 tone (painted) if you want an RIF realistic rifle then you will have to get a ukara membership this requires simply going 3 times over a period of 2 months. you can apply at any airsofting site you can find the one closest to you looking at the airsoft map.

2) when buying an airsoft gun you can find cheaper ones by buying second hand or just surfing the net but i do recomend getting a good priced good quality airsoft gun becouse odds are it will be better quality and no dought at a later date your gonna want a better quality airsoft gun which will cost even more money and youll regret not getting one in the first place.

3) two tones are excactly the same as normal RIF's but obviously there not as realistic or camoflauged and kind of make you look like a newbee even if your a 10 year veteran which kind of puts me of them.

4) the ump ares is a very good rifle my friend has one and it is amazing i've even considered getting one but i have my eyes set on an m4 RIS so will have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by CDT.Topley View Post
                            1) if you're over 18 you can get an airsoft rifle but it will be 2 tone (painted) if you want an RIF realistic rifle then you will have to get a ukara membership this requires simply going 3 times over a period of 2 months. you can apply at any airsofting site you can find the one closest to you looking at the airsoft map.
                            3 times in No less than 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by Junglist101 View Post
                              I see I understand now. I seen there place in London **** ********* that do Airsoft battles. Anyone know any places in Kent? I don't like the look of the 2 tone guns. I rather buy Airsoft one reason being mostly I wanna collect them. I see the pictures of the guns and they look so nice. That's what I will do play 3 games get membership.

Thanks for all the replys guys Legends
                              Don't know what there site is like, but don,t buy anything from them. They lie about what they're selling and then ignore you when you complain about not getting what you've paid for.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Junglist101 Find out more about Junglist101
                              Working...
                              X