Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

If you were to build a l119a from scratch.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were to build a l119a from scratch.....

What m4 aeg would you use for the base?

Also could anybody list all the parts needed to convert the said m4 to l119a?

Thinking about doing an uksf loadout next.

Re: If you were to build a l119a from scratch.....

Its a L119a1 and this thread has been done to death, do a search mate and I think most people use a G&P.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

whats the difference between the 2 guns??
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        whats the difference between the 2 guns??
        Which 2 guns?
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Thanks mate I'll do a search, I think he means between m4

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ghlight=L119A1

Comment

I'd buy an M4, some DPM, and some MTP, then I'd insert my head into my anus.

Nah, only joking. Do quite like them, but I'd want a recoil one. Use the link above.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Simple. Buy an M4, call it an L119a1 or Diemco or whatever you want, then throw a huge hissy fit when someone says "nice M4" :P

Comment

Or just stick on your high horse and don't bother commenting?

Comment

Erm.... If you are building a gun from scratch then you wouldn't use a base gun.

I think the problem with M4's is that they are so highly customisable its hard to build one that is supposed to replicate a certain real steel M4.

The only real way you can do it is by buying the receiver with the markings that you need, otherwise its just another custom M4

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                      Erm.... If you are building a gun from scratch then you wouldn't use a base gun.

I think the problem with M4's is that they are so highly customisable its hard to build one that is supposed to replicate a certain real steel M4.

The only real way you can do it is by buying the receiver with the markings that you need, otherwise its just another custom M4
                      That makes no snese, a G&P M4a1 looks like a real steel M4a1?

Comment

What makes no snese? And is the second part a question or a statement?

Comment

Surely the fact that M4s are "highly customisable" makes it easier to replicate a real steel M4.

Comment

the last one i built i bought all the bits and didn't use a donor gun. here's a picture of the parts i used

the idea was to build one that competed with a PTW using the the SCU however I had problems getting it to fire right so i stuck in a normal AEG gearbox. the SCU is on the bench at the moment and when I get a chance I'll have another go at it.

Parts list:
                            dragonred diemaco marked receiver
                            g&p cqb outer barrel
                            g&p stock pipe and old style sliding stock
                            Guarder pistol grip
                            madbull python inner barrel
                            i ended up using a magnum motor
                            hop was a ACM one but good quality
                            element SF flash hider
                            perr-mike barrel extension and silencer so I can swap between the different lengths.
                            sling plate was ACM
                            knights arnament ris
                            ACM front sight
                            g&p delta ring
                            guarder butt pad

some army code sights appeared on ebay recently for 50 quid but they have all gone now so keeping an eye on the forums for one is your best bet now.

all told it cost about 600 quid and can be done cheaper if you shop around. if you get the dragonred receiver it doesn't come with all the furniture but luckily i had spares lying around.

here's the finished item

group photo
                            Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                              Surely the fact that M4s are "highly customisable" makes it easier to replicate a real steel M4.
                              True. I think when i said its hard to build one, I should have said that 9/10 people wont recognise what it is unless they see the markings.(me included) To most its just an M4 with RIS

I will try and explain what I was saying a bit better.

If I take an m4a1 body (colt markings?) and put all of the bits that mightyjebus listed (barrel, ris, stock, sights.) That doesn't make it an L119a1, its just makes it a customised M4a1

You need the receiver with the Diemaco markings to make it a proper replica.

Same as if i took a Diemaco body and put the m4a1 standard front end, stock and carry handle on it. Does that make it a Diemaco with m4a1 front end and stock or an m4a1 with a Diemaco body.?

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m4nut Find out more about m4nut
                              Working...
                              X