Airsoft proofing an Iphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft proofing an Iphone?

I've just got an iphone 4 and since it has HD recording it beats my old camera and i was wanting to use it to film with. My only issue is how to protect it from bb fire?

I've been looking at the basic lenses you can get so that video quality will be somewhat better and they appear to come with a clear case but would that be sufficient?
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: Airsoft proofing an Iphone?

You've got more chance of the rest of it breaking than the lense. Get a thick leather case that has a plastic backing. That way, the only danger is the improbable chance of a direct hit to the lense.

Comment

Get a solid plastic case, then put some acrylic over the lens AND the touch screen, cut out a little hole for your finger to press record and bob's your uncle
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
        You've got more chance of the rest of it breaking than the lense. Get a thick leather case that has a plastic backing. That way, the only danger is the improbable chance of a direct hit to the lense.
        That was my worry. basically thinking of getting one of these:

So the lense is not worry just protection for the main phone.

Comment

If it's a conical lense then there's no chance it'll break.

As for the rest of the phone, a strong leather/plastic case should be good. I've played CQB before and left my iPhone 4 in my admin pouch. Pretty sure it took a few hits but there wasn't a problem. However, i seem the be one of the lucky few who has dropped his phone thousands of times without a scratch. Don't take the risk.

Comment

You'd risk exposing a £500 phone to damage your insurance (if you have it) probably won't cover you for? Madness.

You'd be better off getting a proper cam. Ask B.E.N what he has, it's good. Though I haven't a clue what it is.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Well, I have the magpul iPhone case, and am very impressed by it. Then you could get a 'zagg' screen cover for the front (more than capable of withstanding pellets)

Or, get a cheap point and shoot camera for £80 or less (there are even shockproof ones)
              Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                You'd risk exposing a £500 phone to damage your insurance (if you have it) probably won't cover you for? Madness.

You'd be better off getting a proper cam. Ask B.E.N what he has, it's good. Though I haven't a clue what it is.
                It's such a pain my SLR only shoots pictures... This was to upgrade from my sony camera. If for any reason it's too hard to protect it, I'll just stick to using my w210 or later on get another camera is the w210 is suffering a little.

Comment

Get the magpul one, so it's protected and also you look really cool

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                    also you look really cool
                    HA. I laughed a little :D

Comment

i bought a flip camcorder for £35, does 720hd, and wouldnt mind if got broke

Thats your best bet

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post
                        i bought a flip camcorder for £35, does 720hd, and wouldnt mind if got broke

Thats your best bet
                        was it new????

Comment

Ive got a contour hd very robust and a flip hd the contour is.by far the best with regards to.an iphone case go.for an otterbox

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbath View Post
                            was it new????
                            Lol there 99 new

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                            Working...
                            X