Goggles over glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles over glasses

Hello guys have any of you guys had this problem having goggles going over your glasses and damages the glasses that are worn within.

Does anyone have any advice so that i can stop damaging my glasses from now on whilst skirmishing ?

Cheers
    Luc

Re: Goggles over glasses

Solutions:

1, Buy googles that are designed/large enough to have glasses underneath (this is number 1 because of the obviousness factor)

2, Get contact lenses instead of glasses

3, Get prescription inserts (if you insist on goggles I personally recommened the ESS V12 Advancers with ESS RX Vice prescription inserts)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Longshot where a bouts can i find the option 3 choice and how can i actually get prescription ones and how much do they usually cost

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
        2, Get contact lenses instead of glasses
        ^ This.
        It's a pain to get sorted, but most opticians do free lense assessments with eye tests, and they give you anything from a week to a months worth of lenses to get used to.
        plus your periphoral vision is a bit better too, just remember to bring a spare pair, and your glasses just in case.
        Last edited by Jimborb; 28 August, 2011, 18:26. Reason: typo

Comment

I can't recommend any sites on here to buy the goggles or inserts (though I don't think Zero One sells them anyway...). That said, just google 'ESS V12 Advancer' or 'ESS RX Vice insert' and you'll find them easy enough. Personally I'd say buy the googles second hand (plenty knocking around on a certain auction site) and buy the inserts new (also found on auction site).

Getting your prescription put in the inserts shouldn't cost you more than £10 if you go to the right place (if you go that route PM me first for details).

There is a load of information on this thread:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91068

Go about halfway down and you'll see the options I got including prices and more details.
          102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

how long do contact lenses last if i get them but don't use them till i need them as don't i have to get prescription ones fit to my sight. As they seem to cost quite a lot.
            Im with Optical express at the moment. I only need contact lenses if go airsofting but i don't know if they do ones that i only need when i need them.

Comment

i mean I'm with vision express

Comment

Contacts last a long time if they're still sealed, I bought a months worth for occasional use 6 months ago and they're still fine - they should have a use by date on them though, will give you an idea.

My advice would be to try daily lenses from http://www.secondsightonline.co.uk/ (as far as i'm aware zero one don't sell contact lenses, so it's not linking to a competitor) cheapest I could find for good quality contacts. Acuvue's contacts are the better ones in my opinion.

Like I've said, contacts let you keep a good peripheral vision and will generally last a day's skirmishing plus the trips there and back (depends on how long the day lasts though). Would suggest wearing them at least the day before you go so your eyes aren't irritated, by you suddenly wearing contacts again - learnt that the hard way.

Just make sure you're happy wearing lenses though, it can be really detrimental to your enthusiasm if you're eyes are uncomfortable, especially when you're being shot at.
                Last edited by Jimborb; 28 August, 2011, 20:24. Reason: More gorramn typo's

Comment

I'm short sighted and i don't wear contact lenses. I have been trying all sorts of mask and at the end I decided Vitrex safety glasses are the best option. I can wear them over my spectacles and won't steam. And they cost only a fiver. They have never damaged my glasses. I reckon It's still the cheapest/ cost effective solution out there.
                  Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

any idea where they sell them so i can take a look online

Comment

B&Q etc. Just google vitrex safety glasses.
                      Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

If you want to wear contacts only for skirmishing get the daily's, they are about £30 for 30 pairs so quite affordable.

Comment

ye i might but my vision is quite deep at 5.3 so i dont know if it will work as i have never used contacts and can contacts last as in you dont have to wear then when you get them etc

meaning can they be kept in storage till i need them for skirmishing

Comment

^ I work in an opticians and yes you can keep them in storage. Get some daily disposables, pack of 30 pairs and they last about two years. Not too expensive either, well not as expensive as getting goggles and then prescription inserts for them :D
                            "I aim to misbehave".

Comment

only problem is to know which ones are right for me

I'm short sighted and my eyes are going on 5 and a half deepness. so my eyes are quite deep.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kinglemon Find out more about kinglemon
                              Working...
                              X