M1911 - which make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1911 - which make?

Ok so i have the money to get an m1911 to complefe tbe nam' loadout! I'm just not sure what version to get. Here are the options and some points about each:

TM - colt trades, tm reliabilty but ABS!! but maybe the option of a metal slide to use green gas?

KJ Works - full metal, no trades, not too familiar with KJ works - how are their guns?

WE - not heard many good things about WE! But let me know if you have one!

I'm not sure there are any other makes i want to consider unless you recommend any?

I'm leaning towards TM but i'v been put off by the feel and weight of a Glock 17 i used to own.

What do you reckon?

Cheers!
    Vietnam was as much a laboratory experiment as a war.

Re: M1911 - which make?

KSC/KWA are probably your best bet if you must have metal, although their 'trades' put off some.

Comment

TM doesn't need a metal slide to handle green gas, Also adding a metal slide to a TM is more of a downgrade, so I am told. I would say KSC/KWA if you must have metal, if not them go TM.

Comment

I'm a big WE fan for 1911s.

I have an old school grey, a new style shiny chrome and a black MEU. None have ever let me down.
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

same i like we i have the 4.3 desert worrior nt let me down
          Originally posted by Bluegill
          SERIOUSLY...
          Every time you click 'New Thread', a kitten gets stamped on.
          If you read through these forums, you will get all of the information you need.
          Just READ!!!

Comment

tm is nice and reliable because the plastic works better in the cold weather that we get here if you want a metal pistol as longshot said go for a we i personally have a number of socom gear and tm pistols and my latest addition a viking tactics ptp is sublime and sexy

Comment

the WE Knight Hawk is great, feels very solid.

I own a TM 1911 myself, like BringOnThunder said, it is a downgrade after you installed the metal kit, it kicks slightly harder, cycles a lot worse even in moderate temperature, after the upgrade I short load my 1911 to 7+1 for "realism", when in reality, it couldn't shoot more than that before cool down kicks in, not to mention the new spring will push your BB out of your hop unit so your gun will start peeing after every shot.

To make the TM work for me I ended up cutting and filing the mag-well down to fit a KJ co2 magazine, and after the loading nozzle exploded from the pressure, I replaced virtually everything with airsoft surgeon parts, including the new metal hopup unit to prevent peeing bbs, after a few games, the notches that hold the inner barrel wore down from the kick so the inner barrel simply fell out, so I had to use some shortened grub screws to fix the inner barrel inside the hop chamber. As a result, it became the hardest kicking airsoft pistol I've ever owned/shot, also the most painful (and I don't mean fps, it's doing 330 despite co2 upgrade, i mean pain in the ass pain), and perhaps unnecessarily expensive gun I owned due to my own stubbornness.

If you prefer metal guns, go with WE or KWA (or KSC), or even KJW if marking isn't an issue, but if plastic is fine, TM will work great.

Comment

TM all the way, as stated it will run on green out of the box. I know people like the feel of metal but when it comes to GBBs ABS performs better and when you're in the middle of a skirmish no-one cares what you pistol looks like or if its metal.

TM make the best GBB pistols, its as simple as that.
                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Does it really need to be asked?

Marui, ALWAYS marui, I will never buy another GBB pistol from another manufacturer, Ive been plagued by shitty cheaper makes, even KSC/KWA have been crap to me.

Also when will people stop worrying about using green/propane in TMs? a stock TM will handle green just fine.

As to the brands you mentioned:

TM - BUY ONE NOW.

KJ Works - cheap crap.

WE - Youd have to pay ME to buy one. WE 1911 was one of the worst pistols Ive ever owned. Awful cooldown, poor gas efficiency, would not work unless you were outdoors, in the height of summer and had left your gun in the sun to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                    ...when you're in the middle of a skirmish no-one cares what you pistol looks like or if its metal.
                    The problem is that you might, and when you're not in the middle of a skirmish, like you're just sitting at home playing with your pistols like a big child, or trying to have something that feels 'right' for you, it does matter.

I've got a KJW P226 and a TM P226, for example, but I always take my KJ out because the performance is fine at the range I use it, and whilst the TM admittedly performs better (as I have no doubt a TM 1911 performs better than a WE 1911) the KJ just feels better in the holster and in the hand.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                      The problem is that you might, and when you're not in the middle of a skirmish, like you're just sitting at home playing with your pistols like a big child, or trying to have something that feels 'right' for you, it does matter.

I've got a KJW P226 and a TM P226, for example, but I always take my KJ out because the performance is fine at the range I use it, and whilst the TM admittedly performs better (as I have no doubt a TM 1911 performs better than a WE 1911) the KJ just feels better in the holster and in the hand.
                      If you're a pistol fondler/collector then buy a good quality replica, if you're an airsofter buy a TM. For me a pistol has to function first and yes if it can look good and feel good too then thats great but outside of c02 I hav'nt found a metal pistol (including WE and KJ) that are reliable all year round. Also the TM feels better put together, KJs and WEs feel very loose and cheap.
                      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                        If you're a pistol fondler/collector then buy a good quality replica, if you're an airsofter buy a TM.
                        But they aren't the only two options, you might be an airsofter who likes a good fondle, and then what do you do? :D

If you want to be fondling while you're airsofting, or if your budget is only around the £100 mark (giving you a choice of WE or TM) then it's not as simple.

Nobody is denying that TM perform better than WE, but the question is do you need the extra level of performance, and do you want to settle for the feel of plastic when your hands are screaming: 'gimme metal!'

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post

As to the brands you mentioned:

TM - BUY ONE NOW.

KJ Works - cheap crap.

WE - Youd have to pay ME to buy one. WE 1911 was one of the worst pistols Ive ever owned. Awful cooldown, poor gas efficiency, would not work unless you were outdoors, in the height of summer and had left your gun in the sun to warm up.
                          Never used a WE gun so cant comment, but the KJW being cheap crap, i strongly disagree with.

I have a KJW 1911 and its much nicer to use,feels better and has the same range and accuracy as both my TM guns.

The TM guns just feel like crap, and the plastic is shite. They work nothing more nothing less (suppose that's all you need)

2 of my mates have KJ Beretta's and they are also very good guns.

Comment

+1 on TM.
                            And WRT the plastic: I once had a hard time convincing someone at my local that it was plastic. Only when I showed him the dings from when I dropped it did he believe me.
                            The only "disadvantage" of the TM plastic for some people is that it's harder to "age" than metal. Though I don't like that myself, as the guns are supposed to be relatively new at the time you're portraying.

If you MUST have metal, I've heard the Tiercel M1911 is a metal copy of the TM - Rigth down to the TM trades! That said, I know nothing of its performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                              Never used a WE gun so cant comment, but the KJW being cheap crap, i strongly disagree with.

I have a KJW 1911 and its much nicer to use,feels better and has the same range and accuracy as both my TM guns.

The TM guns just feel like crap, and the plastic is shite. They work nothing more nothing less (suppose that's all you need)
                              Cant agree with that, they dont feel "crap" and they work excellently, no other GBB performs better.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rcvickery Find out more about rcvickery
                              Working...
                              X