Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China ComTac Headsets-Any good?

Hi folks,
    Self explanatory title, been looking at the Chinese made ComTac replicas for a while now but never been able to convince myself they are worth it, you can find the ones Im on about on a certain banned version of a famous auction site.

So has anyone bought them or used/seen them about and any thoughts/faults known with them?

Cheers
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: China ComTac Headsets-Any good?

Only bad things I'm afraid. We ordered two set's they never turned up! got paypal to refund the cash and in the meantime everyone that did get them absolutly slated them. From what I have been told about one in four work and most need some kind of re-wiring to function properly.

However when they do work they are apparently quite good. I have been thinking about risking it! after all if they turn up and are complete garbage just file a dispute with paypal, wait a few weeks and get your cash back. Simples!

Comment

Unless you are getting these to pose with, I would advise you to think again. If you're going to use them as ear protection you can say farewell to your hearing. Basically it's similar to a Cavalay headset, just with different ear cups. If you're looking at using these in a serious manner, save yourself the time and effort in fixing them and just go and buy a set of Sordins or Peltor. You wouldn't buy cheap eye protection, you should treat your ears with the same respect!
      Does not speak moron.

Comment

There pretty good - use a set myself.

Nice crisp comms out of them, only downside is when its windy, the wind plays havoc with the outter microphones, and they Make your ears a bit sweaty though.

The outside amplifiers have a bit of 'static' noise - but once ya get used to it - its like its not there, and you can hear 'past' it.

If your up at mine anytime soon, you can check them out for yourself

Comment

Mine has been dispatched today from said 'banned' site, will add comments when they get here.
          I bought mine as 3 mates have them, and have had no problems with theirs.
          Ratty
          Trader Feedback.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Utter cack, avoid. for the £20 they cost (or therabouts) and getting the correct curly lad put on just buy a proper headset from a reputable uk radio seller./retailer.

Comment

i got two sets of thies from that banned site two, both work fine for my icoms. Same a Tekno theres a slight hiss in the background but you get used to it and carnt hear it when people are talking.

Comment

I have a chinese 'bowman'.

Tested it for the first time yesterday, worked fine.

But they are model specific. When it says "talkabout", it means a talkabout! :D

Comment

owain, any chance of a review, im after one, jus tnot sure whether to get it or not

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
                  Working...
                  X