This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Preferences, Choosing a gun etc.

This is such a wide question, and is all down to preference.
    I know I am going to be told to try guns and choose from that. But what guns do I try if I don't know what's available?

However, I'm on a budget, of about £300-£400!

I want a gun, something good. Automatic and with good FPS, Good Looks, I also want to be able to put a Red Dot Sight on it without the view being obscured by the front sight.

Any reccomendations? If so, could you possibly link it on zero-one or tell me the name of it and price etc

Thanks a lot!
    sigpic

Re: Gun Preferences, Choosing a gun etc.

How about you do a wiki search or a google search of guns, then when you like the look of one see if they do an airsoft version.

Simples

Oh yeah as for red dot and front site, most front sites are removable.

Better still whats your fav gun on COD. Check that on google and if you still like the look of it search if they have an airsoft version
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

First you choose the the looks of the gun and then do a research on what make to buy.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Have you even looked on any retailer websites?

Comment

Go on pimpmygun and mess around on there. You'll find something you like the look of. Then research makes.

Although saying that, I just bought an Ares G36 which Ive always hated the look of but now I own it I love it, its my baby!

Comment

Well, as a first gun, I'd personally recommend one of the more famous rifle bases - so M4, G36, AK, MP5 or maybe G3 and maybe M14, possibly the SIG range as well. These have the benefits of having a tonne of spares available (less so for the 'maybes'), so you can customize it to your heart's content (e.g. absolutely everything is easily changeable on the m4 and g36 variants, and most necessary parts are on the others, with workarounds out there for your requirements, e.g. high-mounts for the optics)

With the more exotic types of rifles you may struggle to find spares for any sensible price, but they may happen to be able to do exactly what you need them to (e.g. P90/f2000/L85/FAL/type89/Augs/Stens/Scars etc etc) but I'd recommend staying away from anything with non-standard internals, as once something breaks, you're screwed and there are fewer disassembly guides out there for those.

End of the day, go with what you like the look of, then google/search forums for good makes or ask us if you are really stuck Not much else to say other than that really. Take a look at some of the hk shops out there as well, as they tend to have a wider range of available rifles, just to get an idea of possibilities.

Comment

Basically Bachelarius said it, you want a gun with a V2 or V3 gearbox so thats basically AUG, M4, G36, MP5, AK as these are easy to get parts for. In terms of manufactures tou want JG for AUG's (as the gun itself if only £130 so youll have lots of spare cash for upgrades, M4's, maybe KWA or G&P, G36's, Ares or JG (again youll have money left for upgrades), MP5's, ICS, and they come with two mags, AK's get a CYMA one. Ive tried to keep costs down in the manufacturers as as it is your first gun you dont want to be spending loads, incase you dont like the gun. I terms of red dots you can put them on any of thse guns except the versions of augs and g36's that have built in sights already. (the reason i havent said tm in the manufacturers is because there hard to get hold of due to the earthquake). You said you want good fps, first rule here, fps does not equal a good gun, Tm guns are ony 280 fps but with outrange most stock guns shooting 350 or something. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thread closed...

We can't tell YOU what guns are good looking - opinions vary person to person.

Have a read through the New Players and Advice section of the forum for ideas and opinions.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomCW22 Find out more about TomCW22
                Working...
                X