X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior RICAS or RICAS compact

Hi,

I am currently debating to get the normal RICAS ir the RICAS Compact,

some people say that the normal is too big for most poeple. But I would quite like the added MOLLE loops and generally prefer it but don't want to buy something that will be massive, so if anyone who owns one could help it would be great!

if it helps I'm 5'8" tall with a 38" chest

thanks again
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Re: Warrior RICAS or RICAS compact

The full size RICAS can be a bit long in some cases. Although the shoulder straps adjust, it is designed to sit lower than the compact, for better load bearing & protection. However. in vehicles or moving in the crouch, in some cases I found it would slightly impede movement. Not very much, but enough to notice if not to slow me down. I suspect that if I simply mounted the mag pouches slightly higher on the rig, I would be ok, but I'm taller than you.

I think, Nick, you'd be better looking at either a RICAS compact, or a WAS 901 rig with optional back panel (centurion, I think). Both of these sit higher. In particular, the 901 is very adjustable, comfortable, and cooler to wear than a RICAS. After all, we don't need the plates, its all about load carrying, looks and function.

Ask at your local site, and I'm sure you'll get guys willing to let you try on various options. Load bearing is a very individual choice, and there is no right or wrong, but more a trial & error process.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

Buy either, try it on and if its not for you put it up on here, due to shortages at the only UK seller to stock it demand for it can be high so you should get your dosh back easily.

As above realy im just shy of 6ft and a 34" waist and ive used the compact comfortably now for a couple of years.
      It sits just above my belly button, i like it like that because of the extra mobility it gives, but saying that even on the compact a belt mounted Serpa is awkward and sometimes uncomfortable, im in no need of the extra couple of rows the full size as i generaly carry minimal kit as it is.

Comment

Get the new RAPTOR... It's much improved.

Comment

What was there to improve on?

Comment

okay thanks guys, I had another look on uktactical and they have a medium size which looks okay but what do you think?

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/RICAS_D.A._5.56.html
            Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I still say compact.

B.E.N - I read that article ont he Raptor. Seems quite nice. Next on the list is the D.A.R Rig when its back in stock! God damn Warrior kit for being so good that everyone buys it.

Comment

Does anyone know how high the normal RICAS sits compared to the compact, as I know the compact is belly button is not higher but don't really want something that high
                Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Belly button isnt that high. Remember, you want to be able to move in this thing. You want to be able to hit the deck, climb over a wall, roll, crawl, and run like hell in it. The smaller the better for all of those

Comment

The full size sits about waist band height.

Both can be adjusted on the shoulders though to allow you to have it slightly higher or lower on your body.

Comment

okay thanks a lot everyone, you've been a great help,
                      does anyone know if there is a difference between the amount you can fit on the two?
                      thanks again
                      Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I think the only difference is an extra level of molle on the chest area. Its really not worth the extra size!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickona Find out more about Nickona
                        Working...
                        X