Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone 1911's, recommendations please

Hello all

Looking to pick up for a project I have in my head. However I want something cheap and cheerful in case I completely botch it.

I went to look at buying a Bell 1911 as I had one before and it was a great clone of the TM however they seem to be out of stock at the usual chinese sites. So I begin poking around and see the only folks making them seems to be Tercel which is an unfamiliar brand for me(having not played now for over a year so I'm a bit out of the loop). I did see army make some 1911 MEU's too so was curious are these TM clones? and are they any good?

I google around for some reviews but haven't had a lot of luck. I know some of you wont like clones, but please keep that off the thread. I had my bell 1911 for some time and had nothing but great service from it. Side by side with my mates TM 1911 it shot great, its only downside being the slightly dodgy capacity of the gas in the mags.

So now I'm looking for another. Is the tercel any good? is the army? and is there one I'm missing?

cheers in advance

Rhys

Re: Clone 1911's, recommendations please

i thought tercel was just a rebranded bell model
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

From what I'm told, the Tercel is a metal "remould" of the TM.

Comment

Army are best out of Tercel and Bell, I think the mags are compatible with TM 1911 mags so you could use TM mags.
        "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
        Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

well the Bell was a tm clone so I guess the tercel could be a rebranded bell but can anyone confirm?

@misterjoe why do you think the army models better than the tercel and bell?

Comment

I've found the bell to be very temperamental, the mags mainly were the problem, and the finish was just shoddy, tercel i haven't had munch experience with but they're not reliable, but with TM internals i guess they're be alright.

Army are good, they take TM mags, finish is ok and internals are, once again 100% tm compatible although they run pretty smooth on there own, but actual army mags (on the detonics .45 not sure about full size 1911) have plastic feeding nozzles so either replace it or use a tm mag).

Trust me buddy, I've got an ARMY detonics (really cheap, just use it for a back up) its really reliable put a nineball hop rubber in it and a tm blowback unit and it runs a dream. I also know a few people at my site who have ARMY glocks and although they may not be as good as TM or KSC/KWA they still run well, no probs.
            "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
            Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Currently running a Tercel 1911a1.

Previous owner upgraded the HOP rubber with a Firefly one, i've upgraded the piston head and recoil spring.

It uses a mix of TM 1911,MEU mags and a Tercel one.

No leaks, no fuss - refuses to give up. Runs winter & summer with no issues.

As its a single stacker then yes, it does suffer on gas consumption.

But its a practical GBB - accurate and good enough for me.

Comment

thanks guys sounds like im in for a tricky choice. Out of curiosity is there a difference barrel aka accuracy wise between a standard 1911a1 and the MEU version?

Comment

i've got a tercel 1911- full metal marui clone and works everytime. brilliant
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a TM 1911A1 and the Army 1911A1.

The Army mags are a tight fit in the TM (not always a bad thing) but shoot perfectly well. The pistol itself is actually very good too. I put mine into a carbine kit (because I got the gun for £20) and it shoots like a dream.

If I wanted a good 1911A1 on a budget I would not hesitate in buying one again!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X