the most realistic and best performing 1911a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the most realistic and best performing 1911a1

heya guys sorry for all the pistol threads from me recently im pulling my hair out trying to find the best one for me.

onto 1911's

i would like a full metal realistic 1911a1 metal top slide AND bottom frame and i would like the best possible performance i can get being full metal. doesnt have to have trades really.

so what do you guys reckon? been looking at kwa and there ns2 range.

My site owner has the NS2 1911 PTP and loves it. I'm quite tempted to get one myself next

Comment

Re: the most realistic and best performing 1911a1

The KWA NS2 range of 1911s are brilliant! They work all year round (though the performance in a harsh winter is depleted) and make an excellent sound when you rack the slide. Full metal, takes real-steel wooden grips and feels good in the hand.

The downsides are that you can't upgrade them much (at all?) and mags are hard to come-by, so you may be stuck with just one magazine for a while. Though KSC M1911A1 'second version' magazines will work in them, so there is some hope!

I'd say go for it!

Comment

the c02 ready kjw m1911a1's are pretty awesome bits of kit. not bad performers for the price

Comment

Here's my personal, 1st hand experience with various 1911 models.

TM 1911- All plastic light but reliable in every weather barring -15oC. Not a superb kick but works well. Very plastic looking. Better than nothing

TM 1911 with Guarder metal kit- Needs high flow valves to work well, but worth the money once fettled and working...Temperature sensitive and can be 'finicky' if not built properly. I gave up in the end.

WE 1911- All metal and weighs nicely in the hand but wear VERY quickly with regular use. Gas hungry, slide lock back is erratic. Build Quality not brilliant. Needs lots of lube regularly....Also slide isn't as 'accurate' to a 1911 as it should be....Owned 4-5 over the last 4 years. Better than nothing.

KJW 1911- All metal, copy of the TM. Solid, shoots well and has lasted 2-3 years of monthly use. Will take TM mags, solid kick and accurate. Not as heavy as the WE 1911 but that's the only thing it doesn't do as well. Reccomended.

Tercel 1911- much like the KJW but better finished.
          Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

the most relistic 1911 would be the co2 powered inokatsu, it's all steel and weighs alot, it's supposed to be the hardest kicking gbb pistol yet

Comment

In theory the KWA PTP SHOULD be the most realistic, they are supposed to have the same weight and balance as the real thing, They just have manky trade marks.

Comment

My vote goes for the TM x Gaurder kit... Just rub a bit of wet & dry over it and run it on guarder gas... BEHOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  My vote goes for the TM x Gaurder kit... Just rub a bit of wet & dry over it and run it on guarder gas... BEHOLD!

delicious

Comment

What grade paper did you use on that? and did you use it wet or dry? cus i love it

Comment

I bought a Guarder metal kit for my TM, then sold it after a while (the metal kit) without ever fitting it. I prefer the gun stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                        What grade paper did you use on that? and did you use it wet or dry? cus i love it
                        Very fine, dry paper and a couple of years of use I believe... (It's a friends...)

Comment

TM all the way
                          Here's mine

TM base gun with Nova Kimber Warrior kit

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

or try a prowin kit if you can get one on a tm.i would only ever go tm buddy.them upgrade the sh%t out of it:-)

Comment

can afford all the extras after a tm really =/

:and please no more stock tm suggestions. please read the op:

@ben

can i have that one please? :D looks lovely

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X