hi cap rattling solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi cap rattling solved

hi all if like me your sick of your hicap rattling like a box of tic tacs i seem to have totally stopped this in one of my m4 hicaps what i did was fill the intire inside shell with some thin padding so the bbs wont rattle off the metal shell it appears to have totally stopped the rattling noise of the bbs when running around, what are your thoughts on this do you think its too much effort or just damn right stupid. feel free to shout sense into me

Re: hi cap rattling solved

Good idea but i assume you cant fit as many in there?

If they rattle when you move you are not ninja enough

Comment

Sounds sensible to me, but also seems like a lot of work, and I'd be worried about the lining being dragged into the winding mechanism. But good work mate, would be nice to see some pictures. I don't use hi-caps, mainly because of the rattling issue, i play almost exclusivly cqb so stealthyness is v important to me.

Comment

yeah you get a few less in but still alot more than a midcap so i feel its worth it and ive wound a 3000 rd bottle through it today and it seems its holding in place well so it shouldnt break off into the mechanism i used those little sticky squares for things like numberplates but some very thin ones seems to be holding

Comment

People need to learn to move smoother. Slows is smooth, smooth is fast!

Comment

good idea there bud it's nice to see people trying to make the things they enjoy better, it's a shame i only use mid caps

Comment

I quite like that idea, my only thought would also be the winding mech, what did you use to pad the shell?

The only reason I moved to a hundred mids instead of 2 - 3 high caps was the rattling the BB's made.

Would be very interested to see if this could work in one of those flash mags...

Cheers, Steve
              My Armory:
              ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

as stated above those sticky squares used for number plates ect but there only sticky on one side ill update when ive skirmished a few times let you know if ive had problems

Comment

I think he meant what did you use as the actual padding

Comment

thats what i used just the sticky pads its like a soft pad on the non sticky side

Comment

Ah fair enough

Comment

Even better: High Cap to Mid/Low Cap Conversion Guide

Comment

I think you've completly missed the point Robin-Hood

Comment

Also ive got a bag for bbs with a bottle top attached to it that holds about 5k Bbs with no rattle
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Would very much like to hear how they do after a day skirmishing. I think I may look into those flash mags, no rattle and no winding? Bliss!

Didnt know converting a highcap to a low/mid was that easy... might give me an alternative to hoping someone has Ares M110 mids for sale :P

Cheers, Steve
                              My Armory:
                              ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X