X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Upgrade parts p90

i just purchased one of these for a marui p90

Hurricane Tune-up kit P90 M100

and wanted to ask around to see if anyone has had problems with these kits in the past .

upto now i have had a few issues and quite frankly abit cheesed off that i seemed have wasted £35 on it

1) one of the oval bushings was to tight for the spur gear shaft (to get it on you would have to hit it with a hammer)

2) the spring supplied with the kit started flaking silver bits all over my gearbox

3) the black rubber bit on the back of the cylinder head fell off after a while and it was just bouncing around in the cylinder

this is the first upgrade i have made and sure i struggled with shimming but i was quite horrified at the state of the gear box when i took it apart again because i thought i had over shimmed it slightly. a 8.4v mini full battery managed about 50-60 shot before it refused to fire anymore i could hear the motor trying but the piston was jammed back with the spring compressed.
    hence the reason for taking it apart thats is when i discovered #2 and #3

Re: Hurricane Upgrade parts p90

I found Hurricane M100s consistantly gave 248 fps in whatever setup i tried them in . This was a few years ago but I have never tried any internals by them again

Comment

Thry are very cheap and bad parts , junk imo.

Comment

i can add another "problem" now about this crappy kit

4) M100 spring just snapped in my hands

i wasnt happy that the that the 8.4 mini battery wouldnt pull the motor again after about 200 shots so took it apart re shimmed it again and this time it was pretty bang on cleaned all the flaky silver bits off the spring and inside the gear box and noticed the spring was out of shape and slightly bent picked it up to inspect it and it just snapped in two

i know i'm inexperienced with upgrades but this is just plain silly

Comment

I also made the mistake of buying one of these kits.

The spring was fine however and managed 340 fps.

The bushings were a nightmare. I spent at least an hour just getting the odd shaped bushings to fit and then ordered a normal kit of 6mm bushings for the other four. I was not going to spend any more time messing with them.

Spring guide seemed fine and the other parts were acceptable.

This was a very old kit though, probably 2005 or so in terms of when it was made.

I remember going into one retailer, who shall remain nameless and they had the kits at 30% off. Guy behind the counter just shook his head when I picked one up. Enough said really.

Comment

i got one of these, i must of had a good one though, as all of my stuff fitted and worked pefectly, although you have now made me paranoid, although mine do's sound odd on full auto and not as fast, sounds like a generator, faster then slower then faster, although i half time thats just my weak batterys, although i can fire it 13 rps in single shot east so epic trigger response i guess these things are just hit and miss, although use a gaurder spring!

Comment

When I modded my TM P90 I was advised only to fit metal bushes and shim it correctly, anything else would be a waste of money.

Comment

with regards original poster, theres a hundread brands you need to modify parts for to fit its part of the game of upgrading. example sanding the shafts on gears is a common tool and a techs box of goodys.

The only problem i have is that they supply a pinned v2 spring guide what you need is the flat one, the pinned version is for a few v2 boxes that use round pin hole instead of flat blade, i had nothing but jams back in the day 5 odd years ago when i fit one of those kits. Removal of that spring guide fixed it but more than likely not enough compression space.

prometheus for p90.....

Comment

I have experienced exactly the same as you mate pretty much.

The spring I had put out 380fps, which is ridiculous for an M100.

The black rubber on the back of the cylinder head also fell off the same as you, I ended up replacing with sorbo pads.

The whole kit isn't overly bad to be honest. I just wouldn't use the bushes and spring.

The rest of it is alright if you sort out the rubber on the cylinder head.
                  How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
                  Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
                  And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

the rubber was fine on mine i belive, well i hope it still is, and the bushes/shimmings, but spring is rubbish, Gaurder all the way for the epic colours alone!.

Comment

The spring is a regular problem with these kits actually, also, apparently, the piston head and spring guide can "lock" together , but the airseal parts should be quite good such as the cylinder and cylinder head, and the spring guide but then id just bin the rest tbh.

Comment

i think there just hit and miss, if your on a budget get one, just be sure to fit it right, everything is ok as long as you know what your doing half the time!.

Comment

No, i put a thread like this up a while ago asking if they were any good, many responses saying the springs flaked, and the spring guide and pistonhead locking together and so the only good bits are the cylinder head and cylinder and the spring guide.

Comment

Welcome to the world of buying stuff for your gun and finding out it's crap. We have all done it and the only way to learn is to try try and try again.

Generally speaking when you buy a Kit there will almost always be some parts that are just "fillers" to make the kit look like good value for money. It is harder for new players who think they need this or that without really knowing what you want or need.

Luckily for you the gun you have chosen is excellent and I can say hand on heart that even if the parts in that kit were the best available you would not have noticed any improvement over stock. I would put the original parts back in the gun (assuming there is nothing damaged) stick the Hurricane bit's on ebay and run the P90 till it breaks, which will take a considerable amount of time.

If a little later down the line you really want to pop a few choice upgrades in there then start another thread in the tech section and we will do our best to guide you in the right direction buddy.

Comment

I fully agree with above!

I had 2 sets or Hurricane gears in my P90 and they stripped both times after about 1000 rounds or so.

The TM gears are exellent, I think thats what Ive got in mine right Phil?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mistermofo Find out more about mistermofo
                              Working...
                              X