m4 range updrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 range updrades?

right guys im looking at doing range upgrades to my dads gun.
    he has a m4 with a 550 mm promethous barrel in it, but need to upgrade compression.
    i have a 50£ budge can anyone help ???
    need all parts to be uked not abroad lol sorry for spelling.......

if u no what to upgrade for better results please pm me

Re: m4 range updrades ??

Best thing would be to get a good hop, other than get as close to 350fps as possible, there's nothing else I can think of.
    A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

Originally posted by humphriesryan View Post
      right guys im looking at doing range upgrades to my dads gun.
      he has a m4 with a 550 mm promethous barrel in it, but need to upgrade compression.
      i have a 50£ budge can anyone help ???
      need all parts to be uked not abroad lol sorry for spelling.......

if u no what to upgrade for better results please pm me
      The set up I've listed below is what I put into all of my M4s, it works perfectly for me although I know a lot of different people use different combinations:

-Madbull ultimate hop unit
      -Madbull ultimate hop nub
      -Guarder hop rubber (the clear version)
      -Madbull tightbore (for best results with a madbull hop unit as they're made to compliment one another)

That's just personal though.

Many brands such as TM and firefly are also extremely good

Comment

fps 330 dont wont to go higher tho and i have a good hop unit but i dont no the best with in reasion on price) hop rubber and nub to get

Comment

but i have a new promethous in there and dont want to get rid of tht lol it cost anougth

Comment

It should work fine with a Prometheus in there, I've mixed and matched before.

Comment

what mad bul one ?? and tht one cums with the hop unit dont it lol???
              and what about piston and cylinder head ??

Comment

The Madbull unit will work fine with the Prometheus barrel as I've used that combo in an old L119A1 of mine.
                The madbull tightbore doesn't come with the Madbull hop unit no.
                I use a Systema Piston but that's more personal preference to be honest. I'm not the best with pistons, although I do quite like my Systema one.

Your best bet is to talk to people like Gaffa, Richardy etc if you want to go further inside the gearbox.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Why the hell would he put a madbull barrel in when he already has a prommy?!

What exactly is wrong with his compression? Is it a hop thing or something to do with the piston/cylinder head? Could be an easy fix.

Can you give us more info on the gun. You've basically told us f*** all and expected us to be psychic tech gods who can solve problems without knowing what they are.

Comment

To be honest if you don't want to change the hop, barrel or FPS, there isn't much you can do

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                        Why the hell would he put a madbull barrel in when he already has a prommy?!
                        I never suggested it? I merely stated what set up I used and that madbull tightbores generally compliment the madbull ultimate hop unit.

A Prometheus tightbore is a damn good barrel and works well with Madbull hop units.. I don't see where I ever implied for him to switch it out for a madbull one.

Comment

no mate nothing is wrong i said i want to upgrade the range of it,
                          an good compression is what u need.,
                          i already have a prommy barrel in it and im not replacing it lol, and compression is ok if ur using a 336mm barrel. but wen u upgrade the length an tb of the barrel u need the compression to match it, so i need to no what would be the thing for that

Comment

What's the make of the M4? The make could most likely determine what sort of upgrades would be preferable or recommended to be the most compatible.

Comment

I don't really get what you mean by compression?
                              Doing anything to get more air to the BB will result in an increased FPS

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X