Anyone played with an ICS SIG 551?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played with an ICS SIG 551?

Im looking to maybe invest in one soon, read reviews online but I want a skirmishers opinion. Also, the 552 is extremley cramped for NiMH packs and really only accomodates lipos, does the 551 accept packs? If so what size?

Also, what mags can it take and are there opaque replacements available for those nasty translusant ones?

thanks in advance for opinions, I value your words more than a retailers.
    The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Re: Anyone played with an ICS SIG 551?

I would appreciate hearing about this as well. My mate has been eyeing one up for months but I've never seen one in use
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

I know someone who swears by the ICS Sig series so confidently that he has 2! I don't think I've heard him say a negative word against them.
      And having had a little play with one of them myself I have to say it feels great, and performs nicely too, definitely worth the money in my eyes.

Can't help on the battery or mag front though. Never thought to ask him about them!

Comment

Thanks! thats confirmed what ive already been told about the 552 anyway. had a hold and a test fire with a friends, and its a very nice solid little package. I prefer a longer rifle, hoping the 551 will be easier to fit batteries to
        The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

iv had both mate, it is dead easy to get the batterys in the 551, not like the 552 which is a royal pain in the arse.

apart from the length there is not really a huge difference between the 2, they both perform the same and are very well made.

i do personally prefer the 552, i think it just looks better shorter.

you wont go wrong which ever on you pick mate
          KA BOOM, die zombies

Comment

I had a 552, was bloody great!!

I used lipos so was no problem getting a battery in there!!

I think there is a metal RIS front you can get, which makes it have a bit more room, but dont quote me on that!!
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kidjal Find out more about Kidjal
            Working...
            X