For all the fast RPS haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For all the fast RPS haters

i play cqb, if someone shot me with a 70rps gun, they would end up with a fat lip! its bad enough taking a small burst, especialy to the head!
    boobies make me smile

Comment

I don't understand the haters hating soooo much?

I've been hit by a 15-20rps gun guaranteed as lots of people at UA have guns that can achieve that and more. Has anyone actually had a full 5 seconds with a gun at that rps? Or even a full 2 seconds? Because if you do the maths (and as simple as it is, even I can do it) you would have near enough 40 welts all in a very concentrated area.

*EDIT* (before somebody gets the wrong idea and I'm forced to bash my laptop across them)

I in no way condone over-kill using a bazillion rps gun at close ranges.
      Last edited by Patrolpointman; 8 September, 2011, 21:23. Reason: Don't want to upset a nob'ead

Comment

I had a line of around 10 down my face from a "CQB" weapon not too long ago.

Not too much fun....

Comment

Still not 40 though is it? :P

Comment

Originally posted by odball View Post
            i play cqb, if someone shot me with a 70rps gun, they would end up with a fat lip! its bad enough taking a small burst, especialy to the head!
            Thats why people with hi rof use semi only and only use our awesome rof on people who dont take their hits that would teach them a lesson .

Anyways who in their right mind would run around with a 70 rps at cqb with it set to auto you are just asking to seriously hurt someone.

Comment

It's 9 too many though

The point is one burst on a "silly RPS weapon" means there is just too many BB's in the air. Somebody calls hit, and there is already 10, 20, 30 or whatever still on their way.

For proper CQB if I had my way wound be semi only everywhere. Would like a little more skill than simply denying access with a continuous wall of BB's!

Comment

Ahhhhh but then how good does it feel when you sneak up on them all quiet (like a fish) and put one in their calf?

Gritty.

Comment

I know this is negative but someday someone will master the DSG and get 90 od rps and then use it at a game hurt someone then I can almost bet money that then we will have a ROF limit like FPS .

Its just bound to happen its just if and when.

Comment

Casing point....

I was at UA at essentially a cross road of two corridors. There is a guy around the corner, he knows I'm there, and I know he is there. There is around 8ft between us.

I switch to semi and wait to pop a BB in the first part of him I see. He on the other hand, swaps to RPS monster auto. Runs across the crossroads, with the auto starting before he was in sight and ending once he was back out of sight again.

Skill.... I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                      For proper CQB if I had my way wound be semi only everywhere. Would like a little more skill than simply denying access with a continuous wall of BB's!
                      You can still do that on semi with a fast trigger finger or a hair trigger, or both. You'd be far better off limiting people to low caps.

Comment

But it worked didn't it? That's what I'd do but then my M4 is doing about 8rps and 290fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
                          But it worked didn't it? That's what I'd do but then my M4 is doing about 8rps and 290fps.
                          Oh no, I got rinsed. I'd call it blind firing myself!

Comment

Well obviously I'd wait until I cleared the wall otherwise I'd be blind firing (something I really hate, been turned into a Hindu by a beeb to the forehead too many times...) and when I do use that technique, I never aim above the waist- legs only. Plus I like to think I'm skilled enough to only hit with a few shots rather than a whole bag of .25s...

Comment

That is a really noobie thing to do there Jag. If I was in your boots I would have probably been chucked off site following my response.

The next bit is a general comment.

There are 3 things with extreme rof.

1) It is so satisfying to do and get it right. Particularly when showing off to your mates. As a tech myself when I hear a high rof gun it makes me listen, I find it very entertaining.

2) Slower rof is only a smaller battery away for skirmishing.

Finally.

3) The person pulling the trigger didn't ask you to move out of cover.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

What Midas said!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
                                Working...
                                X