Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Desperate for help regarding selling guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate for help regarding selling guns.

Hello there,

I sold a Tokyo Marui FN5-7 via this forum on wednesday night. On wednesday night I had the checked by Jimbo (He run Elite Action Games for 4 year, ford rifle ranges for 5 years and a member of RFD), a very well known airsoft player and marshall and he said the gun fired beautifully.

As soon as I got back, I wrapped the gun up within another cardboard box as well as its original and sent it Thursday morning at 9:30 (Have receipt etc) and it arrived to the guy I sold it to on Friday.
    I then receive a text saying the guns not firing?

Now, I do not know if the guy field stripped the gun and lost a part but he said something about a spring in the hammer. Maybe he lost it? Now he said as soon as it come out of the box, he tried to fire it and it didn't work? Now, I do not know what to do.

I am seeking urgent advice on this and need someones experience! I'm sure this has happened to someone before.

I just don't want to end up refunding the money to the guy if he broke the gun as i'll end up receiving a gun which isn't working. I am taking this guys word until proven guilty.

Thanks, Sean.
    (If you have any important information please PM me)
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.

Re: Desperate for help regarding selling guns.

This is always a tough one and it would really depend on the buyer. If he's a new forum member with not a lot of feedback it's easy to be suspicious, whereas if he has plenty of good feedback I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. The fact is if this guy has paid through paypal and starts a claim he will probably win if you haven't got definite proof that the gun was working before sent (a video etc) and even then I'm not sure if they would side with you. That's about as helpful as I can be, apart from recommending that as a new trader you use the Z1 escrow service until you get to grips with the forum and the people that use it. Good luck mate.
    Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Sadly mate, its your word against his and there is not really anything that can be done beyond a refund (in my opinion) with situations like this. It has happened to me as both buyer and seller on occasion.
      HOWEVER: He has to send the gun back BEFORE you refund him and he should pay the postage. When you get it, take it back to Jimbo, or just have a look at it yourself and assess it. IF its missing a part that was DEFINITELY there when you sent it then you have a more difficult problem. Or alternatively if you get it back and its working fine then he just couldnt operate it properly, send it back and insist he pay the postage.
      That way, it ensures that he has not just changed his mind about buying it. If he is happy to take it back working then fair game. If he just expects a refund whatever then you have to wander what his motives were...

Also, if it is damaged/faulty claim the money on the insurance. Royal fail should pay out if it was working when shipped and not when received. So if you can fix it you may even get some extra dosh out of all this. Perhaps use it to reimburse the buys postage cost.

Comment

He's got around 50 Positive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanJohnGale View Post
          He's got around 50 Positive feedback.
          then it was probably damaged in transit. Get him to send it back. Then claim on your postage insurance for repairing it
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i know its not related,but one week before the GZ weekender i took my RS type 56 to the outpost in dunstable to test its range etc...i fired one hi-cap through it and everything was working perfectly, i put it back in its box,and then back in the boot of the car, where it stayed all week. the following friday i took out the gun at the GZ weekender, and it wouldnt fire,the ar latch had locked up the gears....it was bizarre because i knew it was working perfectly before,and i hadnt touched it since......
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Right -

People are telling me to get it back and claim off the insurance.

He's telling me it's a spring in the hammer, now - the problem is that they aren't made at the current time so I cannot fix it regardless.

Comment

Not to be suspicious myself but on your thread in the for sale forums you actually mentioned that you would be firing this in front of people to prove that it works and that no refunds would be given. To me it seems like you anticipated something like this happening, please understand that I'm not accusing you of anything but it just seems a bit odd to me. Caffin has a point though, that would be your best bet in my honest opinion. Good luck mate.
                Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Yeah it's just because I wanted a nice clean sale, as I do with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
                    Not to be suspicious myself but on your thread in the for sale forums you actually mentioned that you would be firing this in front of people to prove that it works and that no refunds would be given. To me it seems like you anticipated something like this happening, please understand that I'm not accusing you of anything but it just seems a bit odd to me. Caffin has a point though, that would be your best bet in my honest opinion. Good luck mate.
                    Again not implying anything untoward but i too found this a bit weird, you actually mentioned a couple of people would see it firing, i just make a vid for my sales?
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I'm a university student and cannot make videos off of my phone.

Yes it was fired in front of a two people, why does everyone think I may've broken it?
                      Last edited by SeanJohnGale; 9 September, 2011, 18:04. Reason: Sentence wasn't completed.

Comment

Just to add to what I said earlier, feedback doesnt tell you everything, but it does give you an idea of a traders character. And 50 positive feedbacks suggests he isnt messing you about.
                        I would have him send it back, one you have it send him a refund. But make sure he sends you as much material as possible for your claim. Ideally a signed typed letter detailing that he was happy that it was working before postage and that it arrived in a non-functional condition. Take that along with your receipt/proof of postage and all the jazz you need for a claim to the Post office (best to go to a branch) and enquire as to how to go about making a claim. And claim for the full second hand value of the gun. As it is not not working and cannot be repaired. They may expect you to prove its value, e.g. with a paypal invoice, andit may help if the buyer puts the price he paid in the signed letter.

And if you dont mind, let us all know how it goes, as its always reassuring when postal insurance claims go well, as they are notoriously difficult.

Comment

How would they know the problem lays in the hammer spring exactly?

Comment

That's exactly what i'm trying to get at -
                            Surely the gun has to be field stripped in order to check?

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              How would they know the problem lays in the hammer spring exactly?
                              The plot thickens...

*sorry, couldnt resist. Continue...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SeanJohnGale Find out more about SeanJohnGale
                              Working...
                              X