Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing this kid, lost a eyeball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljucv...eature=related

They are testing if 'chemical lab safety glasses' would work at protecting your eyes. He is wearing them and letting them shoot him whilst wearing them. If he lost a eye, I would have laughed in his face.

Re: Wishing this kid, lost a eyeball.

Hence why my video testing goggles had them clamped to a workbench
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqveLODwnf8
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
      Hence why my video testing goggles had them clamped to a workbench
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqveLODwnf8
      That right there is logic, which some youtubers don't seem to have.

Comment

Wow, you would have laughed at someone losing an eye.

Sigh...

Comment

Airsoft is one sport you cannot scrimp and save on safety. In the last few weeks I have seen a split head needeing 34 staples and a larynx bone snapped in 3 places. As for these lunatics karma has a nasty way of sneaking up on you.
          It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

WOW the level of dickheadness is amazing. The womanly laughing is the cherry on the cake.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

I must say I wouldnt have found it funny at all if he'd lost an eye. Idiocy doesnt deserve something so cruel!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                I must say I wouldnt have found it funny at all if he'd lost an eye. Idiocy doesnt deserve something so cruel!
                I then must be pretty cruel as someone as stupid as that must have it coming to them.

That's like my testing if latex gloves are heatproof by sticking my hand in a fire. 'Lab' goggles are designed to protect your eyes from liquids and gases, not bb's.

Comment

so liquids and gases can't explode and throw shard of glass or other debry in your eye's all safty glass have to be impact resistant but it's still an extremly stupid thing to do to test them whilst wearing them.
                  not sure who's the stupidest the op for suggesting he would laugh if the person lost an eye or the person being stupid enough to be shot whilst wearing the glasses

Comment

Of course their going to be impact resistant, but they're not made specificly to take bb impacts, its absouloutly ridiculous to be taking such risks with your health, he deserves to be laughed at if hes stupid enough to take such foolish risks.

Comment

Well, I tested a pair of these that I have at home (not on my face, obviously. That's just dangerous) and I've shot at them with my sniper and M4 and they still don't have a scratch on them. They seem pretty resilient. I'd never use them for Airsoft though, they don't fit tight enough to the face and a BB could easily get in.
                      A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

Originally posted by spoon987 View Post
                        Of course their going to be impact resistant, but they're not made specificly to take bb impacts, its absouloutly ridiculous to be taking such risks with your health, he deserves to be laughed at if hes stupid enough to take such foolish risks.
                        your assuming that bb/shooting glasses are some thing special or specificly designed stonger than normal safty glasses ,all they have to do is meet a minimum impact resistance and not fail and be resistant to chemical and liquid so should not melt .

Comment

To be honest i think they would of shot them on a table 1st and more than likly dared the lad to take a shot to eyes with them on.

Still is abit daft.... i did grin when watching and hearing that girly laugh tho lol
                          "Hell i like you, you can come round and F*** my sister"

Comment

Originally posted by MUCKYMICK View Post
                            your assuming that bb/shooting glasses are some thing special or specificly designed stonger than normal safty glasses ,all they have to do is meet a minimum impact resistance and not fail and be resistant to chemical and liquid so should not melt .
                            Im not assuming anything, nor am I trying to make out Im some kind of safety glasses technician, Ive used both kinds of glasses. I used to be an engineer and used safety glasses on a daily basis, grinding metal, if I didnt use them I would be blind by now, so I know their impact resistant, but that doesnt mean that I can use them for airsoft, as although the lenses may not be different they arnt designed for airsoft .
                            Im just reiterating what the OP said, I wouldnt use a stanley knife to eat my dinner with just because its made to cut things, just as i wouldnt use regular safety glasses to play airsoft just because they're desgined to take impacts.
                            No point taking the risk, hence the reason I would laugh, not because the dude lost an eye, but purely because he was stupid enough to do it in the first place.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aeronauticals Aeronautical Engineer for the Navy. Find out more about Aeronauticals
                            Working...
                            X