X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another import duty question

heya guys sorry for yet another import question but here goes

i wish to buy a pistol from hk

now ive done an import duty calculator thing on a website which is a good idea but it seemed to tell me id be paying around 200 quid in taxes. that cant be right unless its in total but it doesn't list it that way.

the lot comes to around $210
    then add postage of around $50

so that makes USD 260.00
    its being sent express.

so for someone whos done similar before could you tell me what kind of import tax would i expect to pay roughly? =/

cheers guys

Re: yet another import duty question

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132030, this should help i think.

Comment

Hey my man, hows is going? you will pay 20% of the item cost plus the currier handling fee. £15 or so. I would say you will need to be paying about £40 or so for import tax and duty all togerther.

Comment

thats the problem reading that is what started my quest into import fee's and its waaay too cryptic. i cant work it out. all i want really is word from someone whos spent a similar amount of money on airsoft stuff from hk and what it cost them.

thanks anyway

Comment

nice one 6mm thanks thats exactly what i need.

hope all's well with you matey

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
            thats the problem reading that is what started my quest into import fee's and its waaay too cryptic. i cant work it out. all i want really is word from someone whos spent a similar amount of money on airsoft stuff from hk and what it cost them.

thanks anyway
            haha no worries, thats why i put i 'think' it might help, wasnt quite sure if that is what you were after, but thought I'd do my bit :D

Comment

nice one mate :D i did have a read through all the relevant parts but my head started crumbling in so thought id ask

Comment

also avoid parcelforce at all costs because of an ammendment in the 2011 postal code they can withhold your parcel

Comment

dont have a choice really =/ the hobby shop in question to my knowledge doesnt offer anything else =/

and god thats so crap

Comment

I paid £530 with urgent postage on my last order from HK. My fees, including Parcelforce fee and customs came to £120.13

I hope I have been of help, once more :D
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by 6mm View Post
                      Hey my man, hows is going? you will pay 20% of the item cost plus the currier handling fee. £15 or so. I would say you will need to be paying about £40 or so for import tax and duty all togerther.
                      It's not just 20% of the item but also the postage fee, so 20% of $260, of course depends on what price the supplier puts down on the package!!

From what I remember off the top of my head....

VAT = 20%
                      Import Duty = 3% (around that mark)
                      Courier fee = £15 (differs from supplier to supplier)

I've been lucky in the past all my pistol only imports sail straight through as they are shipped in small boxes...you may get lucky!

Comment

120 FLIPPIN QUID! :O i wont get charged that for a pistol surely

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                          120 FLIPPIN QUID! :O i wont get charged that for a pistol surely
                          I doubt it, £60 at most I'd say
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
                            It's not just 20% of the item but also the postage fee, so 20% of $260, of course depends on what price the supplier puts down on the package!!

From what I remember off the top of my head....

VAT = 20%
                            Import Duty = 3% (around that mark)
                            Courier fee = £15 (differs from supplier to supplier)

I've been lucky in the past all my pistol only imports sail straight through as they are shipped in small boxes...you may get lucky!
                            How many thousand of US dollars do you import a month ???
                            Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27978

Comment

Originally posted by v.a.k View Post
                              also avoid parcelforce at all costs because of an ammendment in the 2011 postal code they can withhold your parcel
                              +1 absolutely, what they are doing is illegal, check it here".

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X