dimples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimples

well i watched a program on the tv last month, (how do they do it or something)

they shown the effects of a none dimp and a dimpled golf ball
    the dimpled ball went atleast 50% further,
    would it be that hard to put them on ammo ?

or am i dreaming ? :D

Re: dimples

Originally posted by generalbaxter View Post
    well i watches a program on the tv last month, (how do they do it or something)

they shown the effects of a none dimp and a dimpled golf ball
    the dimpled ball went atleast 50% further,
    would it be that hard to put them on ammo ?

or am i dreaming ? :D
    been done, never took off
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

really must of been that 7 year gap i took off lol

Comment

I'd imagine as beebs rely on a force of air behind them, dimpling may actually negate that effect?

Plus, it must be hard enough to get a 6mm piece of spherical plastic anyway, imagine then trying to do anything further to it?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

ill take a 0.1mm drill to a few, lmao

Comment

Originally posted by generalbaxter View Post
            ill take a 0.1mm drill to a few, lmao
            I can see a trip to A&E in your near future then.

Comment

For a .1mm drill to the finger? Man up Murta :p

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                I'd imagine as beebs rely on a force of air behind them, dimpling may actually negate that effect?

Plus, it must be hard enough to get a 6mm piece of spherical plastic anyway, imagine then trying to do anything further to it?
                Oddly enough it probably wouldn't be that hard, the detailing possible with plastic moulding these days is pretty impressive, the issue would be the cost of the equipment. But I reckon if they could prove it was more effective then they may very well pay their money back, of course it would be more expensive than standard BBs so that might be an issue.

Probably the biggest use would be for snipers so that might reduce sales significantly, meaning that for all it may be possible, it might not even be worth the investment in the equipment needed.

This is of course just my opinion though

Comment

Wouldn't get a consistent force applied to it by the hop rubber if they were dimpled, leading to inconsistent backspin thus craptacular range and accuracy.
                  WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                    Wouldn't get a consistent force applied to it by the hop rubber if they were dimpled, leading to inconsistent backspin thus craptacular range and accuracy.
                    I knew there was some fomr of science involved!
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

remember that bb's are driven by compressed air, golf balls are driven by a club..

the dimples in golf balls create turbulence to travel through the air with less drag, if you were to apply this to a bb, it would be more difficult to achieve lift, thus hop up would have less effect.

if you were to use VERY heavy rounds with a huge amount of hop and a very big spring it could in theory be effective, however it would put the RIF way outside of airsofting power regs
                      Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                        remember that bb's are driven by compressed air, golf balls are driven by a club..

the dimples in golf balls create turbulence to travel through the air with less drag, if you were to apply this to a bb, it would be more difficult to achieve lift, thus hop up would have less effect.

if you were to use VERY heavy rounds with a huge amount of hop and a very big spring it could in theory be effective, however it would put the RIF way outside of airsofting power regs
                        what about in a bolt action rifle? or are you talking about stupid power levels

Comment

Why dont we just make golf ball guns then that solves all our problems .
                          We get longer range and we get the fact you might be killed which gets the adrenaline pumping more.

I call it extreme airsoft.
                          Last edited by SAS Scott; 12 September, 2011, 01:52.

Comment

Medicine-ball-soft anyone? Lets see 330fps on one of those...
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

generalbaxter Find out more about generalbaxter
                            Working...
                            X