X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sellers who mislead or con.

What a libertarian thing to say

Originally posted by your evil twin View Post
    Sorry, havnt had time to read all the posts here so i apologise if this has been said, but on the same topic, does anyone else ever get a bit suspicious of people selling guns that are "not working, but an easy fix" ... Often the person knows what it is, is honest about it and adjusts the price accordingly. Fine. But I recently saw a post (wont name names) that said that it was just a very easy matter of adjusting the motor. The reason he hadnt done it was lack of time....this kind of seems like a contradiction to me...and from my assessment of the sale it sounded like the whole GB had locked up, which to a buyer who aint a techy would meana hefty shop charge to get it fixed?

Do you think its fair to post in the thread, asking for exact clarification of whats "broken" when the price looks a bit high for a dud??
    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

It's all well and good having an itrader - if it gets used.

last few guys I've dealt with haven't bothered to leave me a feedback despite PM'd request after I'd left one for them.

pisses me right off.

As for con artists - repeat offenders should be banned IMO - but as said they will just sign up as a new user.

I tend to look for joined date and post count as well as rating. - long standing member- high contribution to the forum and a positive rating usually = a good trader.
      But as said - that matters for sweet FA if the feedback isn't left in return.

Andy
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Actually having mod assistance might help someways, it normally gets brushed off with I trader as an excuse. I say again why is duplicate accounts such an issue on only this forum? Why is it not raised as an issue on other ones including an international site? Stricter rules would help a little with threads being deleted if they don't fulfill all the criteria. Not everyone has ips that change all the time.
        Bottom line is, take a harder stance on it then maybe the classifieds here will stop being such a laughing stock!
        It's been mentioned on other forums in the past (this isn't my point but someone else's) that the mod team (some of) seem to wallow in self pity on how hard it is. My view is, man up and actually moderate the classifieds and start doing what you volunteered to do in the first place!
        Mods all over the world manage it, so why not here? That doesn't count for all mods/admin here as I do know some are very proactive!
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
          Actually having mod assistance might help someways, it normally gets brushed off with I trader as an excuse. I say again why is duplicate accounts such an issue on only this forum? Why is it not raised as an issue on other ones including an international site? Stricter rules would help a little with threads being deleted if they don't fulfill all the criteria. Not everyone has ips that change all the time.
          Bottom line is, take a harder stance on it then maybe the classifieds here will stop being such a laughing stock!
          It's been mentioned on other forums in the past (this isn't my point but someone else's) that the mod team (some of) seem to wallow in self pity on how hard it is. My view is, man up and actually moderate the classifieds and start doing what you volunteered to do in the first place!
          Mods all over the world manage it, so why not here? That doesn't count for all mods/admin here as I do know some are very proactive!
          Agreed, and I'm sure there are a few people who would even be willing to become a sales admin to help them with it.
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            I do agree with this, the Classified section was what brought me to the forum where I lurked for a while until I made an account, but now it seems like the Classified will be the end of the Forum. I would say it needs improving or getting rid of all together until an idea is thought up to make it better.
            just my 2p.

Comment

I don't buy and sell much on any forum. So can someone tell me why other forums don't have these problems?
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Strict rules and moderation is why. Simple!
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The rules on here are fairly strict, but usually for a lot of meaningless stuff when more moderation regarding other stuff that most people feel is more important is wanted...
                  Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Well I feel recently the mods of very poor .

Comment

it SHOULD be an INSTANT ban if they get away with one scam and jsu tget warned there going to get the chance to do it agai nthey dont care if they get banned off the forum they could make 2 guns worth of cash on here then move somewhere else after its happened once ban them by ip adress and dont let them try again

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                        Well I feel recently the mods of very poor .
                        wot am bestust mod?
                        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Well most of them so many things go unknown and ignored

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                          Working...
                          X