RIS on an ares L85/sa80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS on an ares L85/sa80

I was wondering does the army issue RIS for the sa80 fit onto the ares L85a2 new version and whether anyone knows which RIS actually fit the ares l85

Thanks

Re: RIS on an ares L85/sa80

To muy knowledge theres only one manufacturer that makes the RIS apart from daniel defence, and thats madbull
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Real steel ris does fit the Ares Sa80, you do need to slightly modify it though, easy enough. Or your other option is to get hold of the madbull ris for ares, which is a straight fit.
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Whats the slight mod on the real steel may I ask so nicely :D
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

On a related note, Madbull say you can fit the RIS to WE L85A2s with a kit. Couldn't find that kit on Madbull's site. Anyone know where you can get them? Only difference I can see is barrel and the replica gas tube...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
            Whats the slight mod on the real steel may I ask so nicely :D
            It fits on without any messing but when you fit the securing bolt through, the ris sits too far out from the body and also low at the front end. It's just a case of opening the hole up on the rifle, I used a steel rotating file in a drill and removed enough material to the rear and top of the hole to allow the ris to sit in the correct position.
            Having the larger hole didn't lead to any wobble or movement etc, was spot on when in position and securing bolt tightened down.
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by spaceburge View Post
              On a related note, Madbull say you can fit the RIS to WE L85A2s with a kit. Couldn't find that kit on Madbull's site. Anyone know where you can get them? Only difference I can see is barrel and the replica gas tube...
              Yeah the ICS / WE madbull rails apparently come with the fitting adaptor kit included..... You probably need to looking to the east for them...

Comment

The only ones i was aware fitted to Ares were either the Hornbill or RS.
                Madbull make no mention of their RIS fitting Ares.

Madbull will fit ICS/WE with a small modification to the included adaptor,
                To fit RS or hornbill to WE/ICS takes a lot of filing to the handguard securing system, probably meaning that the original handguard wont fit after.

Comment

Thanks for the comments but I can't see anywhere that sell the knew that sell ris for ares

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xtreme Luke Find out more about Xtreme Luke
                  Working...
                  X