Mesh size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh size

I use a mesh goggle and I'm very happy with them, but I have noticed that different makes have different size holes in the mesh. What do you think is the optimum size hole? 3mm ? 4MM ? or something smaller ?

Re: Mesh size

Question of taste I suppose! You want to feel comfortable without being too dark.

Heroshark mesh is 4mm (well atleast mine is!) and the Bitter End ones are 2mm.

Would not mind 3mm myself. I find the BE ones a little dark, and the HS ones little bit too open!

Comment

I can tell you from a lot of testing that anything over 2mm is dangerous as the size of the shards of shattered plastic that can pass through will blind you.

Having shot around 6000 bbs at different sized mesh ranging from 1mm to 4mm, and goggles from both named sellers of the larger holed "eye protection" with paper behind the lense, and seeing the damage caused by broken pieces getting through... 2mm max, simple.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
        I can tell you from a lot of testing that anything over 2mm is dangerous as the size of the shards of shattered plastic that can pass through will blind you.
        I'm not sure that you can prove that plastic shards will blind, but I'll grant that it's a possibility. That is, unless you've done extensive testing in rigorous clinical trials with real human subjects. If you have, and can demonstrate same, I cheerily retract my previous statements.
        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

You got any links to this research?

Every other "mesh test" I've seen on stamped steel does not give such a doom & gloom outcome.

Comment

well its all a case of preference and the risk your willing to take. 15 years of many people using the 3.9mm without any injurys to my knowlege its fair to say its pretty bloody dangerous . Unfortunatly I can't get the 3.9mm any more ,and gone for 2.9mm. Saying that I do offer various sizes ,but the 3.9mm is my personal preference.

Comment

Risk???? lol hey, only your eyesight right?

Comment

Yep by my calculation I have aproximatly a 1 in a 100 chance of being hit in the eye by bb shards . Now all I have to work out the chance one of those shards will blind me and considering nobody's lost their vision due to this I'm struggling to get a figure . I think I have a higher chance of my 2 year old poking my eye out .

Comment

To be fair, with my 2 year old, that's a pretty high chance :P

Comment

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
                    To be fair, with my 2 year old, that's a pretty high chance :P
                    Me too ,moral of the story is don't have children

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                    Working...
                    X