Barrel cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel cleaning

Just wondering, does any one use any of the rifle cleaning kits that you can get of the bay? Or do you use to cleaning rod that comes with the gun ( in my case, I didn't get one )?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Re: Barrel cleaning

I just use the ones that you get with guns mate, cut up some squares of kitchen towel, they do the trick
    Not seen the cleaning kits, nothing wrong with the standard ones though and if you don't have one I'm sure theres plenty of people on here with spares
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Cigarette filters, drop of silicone oil and either cleaning rod or just shoot them out the barrel.

Comment

Yup, slim filters, not ultra slim. Get large boxes/bags from certain famous shops where items cost a pound

Comment

If anyone has a spare I'd be very greatfull ( not that greatfull mind :D )
          And thanks for the tip on the filters guys
          Originally posted by Tiercel
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I would have had spares but I've snapped two in my gun bag recently, so I'm down to just the one! Sure somebody will sort you out mate
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Cleaning rods are a pain to find tbf although I think ZO sell them for like a fiver. Not heard of filters doing the job before, I guess they are better for not damaging hops as well. So what just drop down the barrel and then dry fire out? Does having a tbb cause problems?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

I did have an airgun kit as I needed a long rod for my sniper rifle, but I wasn't keen on the joint in the metal rod pieces - I was concerned it might scratch the bore. I then bought an AEG which came with a long rod, so I sold the airgun kit.

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
                I would have had spares but I've snapped two in my gun bag recently, so I'm down to just the one! Sure somebody will sort you out mate
                Tip for you: Plastic or copper plumbing pipe. Get a piece long enough to fit your rods in. Put a fixed fitting at one end, and a removable one at the other. Keep the rods in it. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                  Cleaning rods are a pain to find tbf although I think ZO sell them for like a fiver. Not heard of filters doing the job before, I guess they are better for not damaging hops as well. So what just drop down the barrel and then dry fire out? Does having a tbb cause problems?

Gbb's are even easier to work on since you can open the breech. Spray the filter with silicone spray, load it into the breech and fire it out. In an aeg, you need to load it from the muzzle end and push it down the barrel, but you can use a broken cleaning rod (if it's long enough) or a knitting needle (ask yer granny what they are ). Basically anything long/thin enough to fit down the barrel will do.

Comment

Never tried the filter tips method. I normally just use some bog roll with silicone on it with the obligatory barrel rod.

Will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdon2401 View Post
                      Gbb's are even easier to work on since you can open the breech. Spray the filter with silicone spray, load it into the breech and fire it out.
                      It wasn't a typo I meant a tight bore barrel (tbb) will it cause problems?

Thanks for the help though! Will get some at the weekend and try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                        It wasn't a typo I meant a tight bore barrel (tbb) will it cause problems?

Thanks for the help though! Will get some at the weekend and try it out.

Highly doubt it, you are talking fractions of a MM and the medium is flexible.

Comment

Well, if slims don't fit your tightbore, you can step down to ultra slims...

Comment

erm i was speaking to a guy at a skirmish he does all the air rifle and shotgun stuff and he suggested using muslin, i haven't got any yet but i think i'll get down to the local habidashery. :D

Comment

sorry for stealing the thread... but just wondering, could you use white lithium grease spray when cleaning the barrel, or could it damage it? Just i got some of the 3in1 white lithium spray for lubing the bolt of my sniper, and it's pretty powerfull! (the spray), and infact saw someone on a youtube video who appeared to be using the same stuff, it just seems like a great way to literally blast the dirt and grime out of the barrel (thick bits etc) and then properlly clean it with a rod?

Thanks for any advice!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawk Pure breed airsofter Find out more about Hawk
                              Working...
                              X