Best way to remove paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove paint?

Okay so when my main site was woodland, i camoed my g36 up. Now i play CQB so would prefer just black. Whats an easy way that wont damage the plastic?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Best way to remove paint?

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ghlight=remove

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
      Okay so when my main site was woodland, i camoed my g36 up. Now i play CQB so would prefer just black. Whats an easy way that wont damage the plastic?
      You could try nail varnish remover but be very carefull. Probably safer trying white spirits first.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Cheers guys, will give it a go over the weekend

Comment

brake fluid works a treat on plastics and metal

but best thing i have ever used is FAIRY power spray

its in a green spray bottle supermarkets sell it

ive used it to remove paint off models etc just spray it on leave for 20 minutes then start brushing with a tooth brush or something

and you can clean your oven with whats left

-

Comment

Ooh yes ill clean the oven >_> fairy power spray away!

Comment

+1 to the fairy power spray. Even removes stubborn paints. Left my stuff in there overnight and the paint just falls off!

Comment

The best way to remove the paint that will not hurt the plastic or metal underneath is media blasting with aluminum oxide. If you have a car body shop near you they would have the materials to do it. You just disassemble the gun and bring the parts to them.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleDriver View Post
                  The best way to remove the paint that will not hurt the plastic or metal underneath is media blasting with aluminum oxide. If you have a car body shop near you they would have the materials to do it. You just disassemble the gun and bring the parts to them.
                  Isnt that gonna be quite expensive, compared to say fairy power spray?

Comment

Not necessarily but then again you asked what the best way would be. Media blasting will leave a clean smooth finish that is just slightly flat in appearance which will make paints adhere extremely well.

Comment

I tried the power spray overall very good but didnt quite do it all off the plastic on its own. Not boiling but very hot water blasted from the shower removed mine Metal use the spray

Comment

Originally posted by EagleDriver View Post
                        Not necessarily but then again you asked what the best way would be. Media blasting will leave a clean smooth finish that is just slightly flat in appearance which will make paints adhere extremely well.
                        +1 on that.

I recently sand blasted my M16 body to remove an old custom spray job I didn't like (also sand blasted plastic parts too). Very effective and leaves a great finish for paint to stick to very well

Luckily I have the facilities at work so only cost me my lunch breaks for a couple days.

Car repair/spray shops and possibly you may know someone in the engineering (machining/fabrication) industry who may have the facilities?
                        Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

Yeah i know someone, but i dont know if they have access to the equipment. Will be talking to them shortly. I completely forgot about the metal ris, best option still?

Comment

I'd just stick with power spray. I used it on both my Scar and M4 and it took everything off. I put on for 20 minutes and left it, then put some more on 20 minutes later left for another 40 and boom! The paint just falls off with no effort needed.

Comment

I would say sand/media blasting is best. But from the comments made from others the power spray option seems the best option for you, and probably works just as well!

I'm also now curious to see how well it would work!
                              Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X